Re: General Hospital on ABC on Demand-- Why is it now an extra fee to watch?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked with people on other cable providers and they show episodes free that Verizon is showing a charge?

I have spot checked a couple of shows and the same episodes are for a fee on other providers as well.

Content providers are pushing these charges down to the cable providers. I can't/won't say that the cable providers are getting aren't getting a cut.

But these are becoming a ubiquitous as airline fees.

What brought this to a head is that Verizon has lumped all episodes together. Used to be that free and pay were seperate so it was not as apparent.

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@littleguy wrote:

I just spent a half hour on the phone with Verizon tech support and they say that HBO (and other premium channels) control when movies that are on their channels are available for on demand. I find this hard to believe and think that Verizon is trying to gain on deman revenue for movies that are on premium channels but people want to watch them on deman versus watch them via DVRing them when they are on the premium channels. I will try to get the true answer from HBO.

There is a different in on demand that is available for premium channels and those that are available otherwise. Not all custoemrs have the premium. So those that don't can pay for the on demand content they wise to see. Those that have the premium channels, can watch them for free. Just have to make sure you select the correct verison if both are offered.

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
Phoenix461
Enthusiast - Level 2

Right! Shows I want to watch On Demand are only free as HD.  I have SD but a fee is being charged for those episodes.  Why should I pay to watch a network program that I've already paid for in my monthly payment?? Also, I feel like I'm being forced to switch to HD which would be more money in Verizon's pocket from the new boxes & higher monthly fee I'd be paying. I've been with Verizon all my working life but I am sooooo sorry I signed a new contract. When it ends (or another company agrees to buy it out), I am done with Verizon.

Loupielou
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m pretty sure you have to pay if you have HD too. I tried to watch Chopped the other night and could only get 1 free episode and I have HD. Seriously, even the food network.....Crazy!!!

Phoenix461
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's nuts. I wonder if they manipulate our On Demand choices based on our watch history.

MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

I’m wondering that too. 

Ive been watching The Blacklist but the only two episodes I haven’t seen have a $ sign in front of them. 

They lose because I will not pay them one cent more than my monthly fee. 

Had they not been so greedy I’m sure I’d  be renting movies, but now I never will. 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I see episodes 12-15 available for free of the the blacklist

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

This 2018 episode starts with 9. Not 12.  And 9 and 11 have been with $ since they aired. 

Its fraud. 

0 Likes
Loupielou
Enthusiast - Level 2

Horrible

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

So I checked with a friend that has Comcast. They are seeing pretty much same episodes as free that FiOS has. And rest are for a charge.

So I guess they are as bad a negotiator as Verizon. And are ripping off their customers as well.

Or NBC, like a lot of the other content providers, are trying to make every buck they can.

But I am guessing no one has called them out on it.

0 Likes