Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

I’ve called them out on it. Does it matter? Not really. But, after all of this I will nwver use Verizon again and I will tell everyone I know if they are switching to not use them.

And, I can’t stand NBC for many reasons and stopped watching that Network a few years ago except for The Blacklist. If they continue this I’ll just stop watching The Blacklist too. I don’t really care enough to give them one more penny of my money.

is this really worth it to Verizon to actually double charge people? I guess time will tell. 

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why can't you accept it is the content providers not Verizon charging? The fact that other providers have the same episodes for a charge, should be the clue.

what will you say when you change to another provider?

0 Likes
adriane61
Enthusiast - Level 2

not for us. all they did was give me a credit for a few episodes that i specifically noted. kust to shut me up. this was about a year ago & problem still exists. no change or improvement. i am cutting the cord so to speak.

0 Likes
adriane61
Enthusiast - Level 2

problem with that is I have tried numerous times and it does not work. i sign in with my verizon ID & it ust goes right back to the sign-in screen. again & again. can someone tell me if there is a secret to getting this to work? i was trying it on the AMC channel page most recently.

0 Likes
adriane61
Enthusiast - Level 2

**bleep**. this looks suspiciously like someone working for Verizon skulking in here pretending to be a user. very freaking obvious to me. 

CUT THE CORD!!

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@adriane61 wrote:

**bleep**. this looks suspiciously like someone working for Verizon skulking in here pretending to be a user. very freaking obvious to me. 

CUT THE CORD!!

If you are refering to me, I can tell you I am a customer, not an employee.

Just have been around for a number of years and have tried to learn how the system works.

Trust me, if Verizon were charging for episodes that other providers weren't, I would be upset as well.

But I feel it is appropriate that the blame be placed where it belongs. In this case, it mostly belongs on content providers who are pushing to squeeze every nickel out of their viewers they can.

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Why would you take the side of a company that is double charging their customers?

Or as you say “alow” providers to use Verizon to double charge their customers?

Trying to find that logic. Can’t. 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What choice does Verizon have?

Negotiate better?

If you don't like the servcie you are getting from Verizon, vote with your checkbook.

BTW, it appears that if you go to another provider, you will see similar charges.

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

That’s what I plan to do when I move. I will never use Verizon again. 

I keep wondering if all the bad blood this has caused is worth it. 

And you keep comparing to other providers. I never signed with them and they never told me OnDemand was free like Verizon did. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I compare to others because you keep singling Verizon out.

Yes they are your provider. But they have contracts just like others.

They can't offer what isn't available.

And I doubt they ever said that all on demand would always be free forever.

0 Likes