Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

When I signed they told me it was FREE. They didn’t inform me that they were changing the terms. 

The fact is that this is DOUBLE CHARGING.  It’s basically FRAUD. 

Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
Kengrush1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This isn't the content providers. Spectrum doesn't do this. I just verified with colleagues who still use them, as I did until 3 months ago. There's absolutely NO reason the content providers would treat Verizon differently from Spectrum.

The only reason I switched was to economize on preserving my discontinued copper wire service and upgrading my broadband access.   

VERIZON HAS DONE THIS PURELY AND SIMPLY TO CREATE A NEW REVENUE STREAM.

SHAME!!!

MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Lol. Well, now we finally see the light. 

I had  contacted the Attorney General last February when this first happened and nothing came of it. 

I knew Verizon was lying. 

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure what you are seeing about Spectrum not doing this.  Please Identify specific shows and dates.  Note I am Now Frontier (used to Be Verizon in NY and FL, but Fl went to Frontier, and I sold my NY home), and can't check but someone else here probably can. 

If you and others find such shows, then we have something we can complain to Verizon about.  The general claim will get ignored as it has not been shown to be so.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

As I posted earlier, given a specific show (Blacklist), current season and specific episodes (12-15) I checked with someone I know that has Comcast. They saw the same episodes for free as well as for a charge.

So in that specific case, at least Verizon and Comcast are the same.
As stated, if you can post a specific show and episode(s) that Spectrum has for free but Verizon doesn't, then we can complain. And I can also check with my friend who has Comcast to see what they show.

0 Likes
aes6944

I can't vouch for the other channels, but in the last 2 weeks, CBS has gotten "funny" with recent episodes. For example, Madame Secretary, where there were typically at least 5 episodes available on demand, is now completely pay-per-view. In the fine print, it does note that this is a commercial-free version. I was reluctantly willing to watch commercials, but now there's no choice. Criminal Minds disappeared from on demand, then re-appeared a week later with only two episodes "free". It seems that even if these charges are out of Verizon's (and other providers) control, they could at least warn their customers so that we could set up our DVRs before we are surprised. But I've not seen a peep out of either CBS or Verizon.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon probably doesn't monitor the content that is available via vod.

I'm guessing it is all automated.

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

I’ve been giving up the shows that charge as I’m not paying twice to watch tv. 

So, if they lose viewers perhaps they will get the message. 

MPP3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do DVR everything I want to watch, but when the programming isn't updated due to a sports event or other unexpected schedule change, I shouldn't have to pay for the fact the DVR can't cope with that and I miss recording my show. I get that *maybe* shows that are over a certain "age" during the season become PPV, but the ones that just aired? To quote Rocket J. Squirrel, "Hokey Smokes!"

MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

It’s fraud. No one should be allowed to charge twice. 

0 Likes