Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

When I have looked at broadcast networks, they typically have the last 3-4 episodes available for free. At least for a coule of weeks after it airs.

Are you not seeing that?

What shows?

0 Likes
HAVING TO PAY FOR PREVIOUS SHOWS ON DEMAND YOU ALREADY SUBSCRIBE TO !!!
ajbirdman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I DO NOT BELIEVE WE SHOULD BE CHARGED FOR A  SERIES OR PROGRAMS THAT HAVE PREVIOUSLY AIRED ON REGULAR TV CHANNELS OR PREMIUM CHANNELS WE SUBCRIBE TO SUCH AS HBO SHOWTIME STARZ !!! WHEN WE GO TO ON DEMAND WHICH IS A FEATURE WE HAVE !!! YOUR FREE MOVIES AND SHOWS A NOT ENOUGH FOR THE FEE WE ARE PAYING AND ARE A POOR SELECTION TO PIC FROM !! UNLIKE COMCAST'S !!! {edited for privacy} 3/27/18

Re: New On Demand Screen and Pricing
ajbirdman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I TO AM NOT HAPPY WITH THE DOUBLE DIPPING OF YOUR NEW ON DEMAND POLICY OF CHARGING FOR OLDER SHOWS OR SERIES FROM CHANNELS WE ALREADY SUBCRIBE TO !!! IT'S NOT WHY I SINGED UP TO RENEW MY 2 YEAR CONTRACT FOR   !!!! {edited for privacy} 3/27/18

Re: "Alternative Facts"
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

It’s double charging. Not even sure how they’ve gotten away with it for a year. 

When it it started it was only old shows. Now it even includes the current season. 

We are being ripped off. 

0 Likes
Re: HAVING TO PAY FOR PREVIOUS SHOWS ON DEMAND YOU ALREADY SUBSCRIBE TO !!!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have checked a few random episodes with people on Comcast.

They are showing a fee as well.

It is the content providers.

Have you posted anything to them?

BTW, all caps are very hard to read.

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

We don’t have an agreement with the content providers. We have an agreement with Verizon. 

It’s NOT the content providers charging us , it is VERIZON.  That’s who sends my bill. ..

are you here to confuse the issue? You previously said you don’t even use Verizon any longer.  So wondering why you still have access to the forums. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have never said I don't use verizon.

Been a customer for over 10 years.

Your agreement with Verizon never promised free VOD forever.

Don't even think it even promised free VOD.

So the reality is, things change.

It would be like being mad at Verizon because a network cancelled a show you like.

Verizon has no control over what content providers offer.

And for the hundredth time, it appears that most if not all cable providers are passing along the charges.

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon certainly advertised free VOD and for the 100th time I pay Verizon!

Why should I pay twice to view what I already pay for???????????

And you keep saying, it’s the providers that are charging and then you say they never said it was free. 

On and on with excuses in defense of a company that is charging their customers twice to view shows. 

I just don’t get it. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Because you are accusing Verizon of charing for the VOD content.

You won't listen to the fact that in fact it is the content providers that are charing for it.

I make sure I call out Verizon when in fact they are at fault.

But in this case, IMHO, it is the content providers who are adding the charge.

And in the apst you have stated that Verizon should negotiate better on behalf of their customers. The fact that most if not all cable providers have similar charges shows that they have made it a general condition for content carriage.

It is highly possible the cable providers get a cut so they don't fight very hard.

But your posts make it seem as though this is a Verizon led acitivty vs an industry wide practice.

At this point, I am done.

This horse is dead, buried, dug up and repeated enough times.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@MJNYwrote:

Verizon certainly advertised free VOD and for the 100th time I pay Verizon!

Why should I pay twice to view what I already pay for???????????

And you keep saying, it’s the providers that are charging and then you say they never said it was free. 

On and on with excuses in defense of a company that is charging their customers twice to view shows. 

I just don’t get it. 

I was going to stay out of this but video on demand or the go back feature on many cable companies as well as streaming services (with or without any dvr functions) is now normally 72 hours. After that time you either get charged or cannot view the content. Now having said that I know from using DirectTVNOW for my tv they allow you to use the sign on for them on individual content providers. HBO, TCM and others even A&E and the History channel for $35 with no taxes or bogus fees. However it is based on that providers station what you can view, this is also true even if you pay as a stand alone app. 

Verizon charges an enormous price based on what content providers are asking for. Some of these providers don’t allow you to use a stand alone app to view the content. Even on demand are limited. However these same providers are looking for you to purchase directly from them, this way they are offering what Verizon is not carrying or have access to. It’s all about the money.

save money drop Fios tv, get a streaming tv service and save thousands a year. No taxes or shame fees or surcharges. Then you have access to these apps via the new providers credentials. Sling tv has a dvr function, DirectTVNOW is coming out with one in the next month, and both offer much more value than Fios tv.

some forum posters here are rah rah on the company, you will know who they are via their replies. 

I hope this answered your concerns?

0 Likes