Re: HAVING TO PAY FOR PREVIOUS SHOWS ON DEMAND YOU ALREADY SUBSCRIBE TO !!!
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for this and yes I plan to switch the second I move. I’m moving to N.C. this year and hoping I can get Sling there. I think that’s the way to go. 

I even gave up my Verizon cell phone. Biggest rip off company there is. 

I actually used to love FIOS until they started the pay for VOD for networks I already pay for. 

Done! 

0 Likes
So disappointed in Verizon FIOS
raggedyann1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why do we have to pay for TV series On-Demand when we are already paying for the channels?  Am I the only one who thinks Verizon FIOS is a rip-off?  

Re: So disappointed in Verizon FIOS
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There's a long thread on this.

Short answer is that its a pass through from content providers. And showing up on most if not all cable providers.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@raggedyannwrote:

Why do we have to pay for TV series On-Demand when we are already paying for the channels?  Am I the only one who thinks Verizon FIOS is a rip-off?  

Amazingly lots of customers have no issue with their services or just don’t bother complaining. Maybe a little of both.

is it right that there is a charge for on demand after you get the channel on your lineup? Well I will admit it’s not a really good policy. But other providers also do it. Or will in the future.

crazy I agree.

0 Likes
Cenigh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just switched from xfinity and their on demand streaming was so much better you could watch the most recent episodes without being directed to watch on Network there was no charges for recent shows to watch.  I was shocked to see how bad it was in comparison I was told it would be comparable before I switced, I asked if there was commercials for streaming and I was told no, but if you watch for free on Network there is.  I never had to watch commercials on xfinity tv streaming.  I am sorely disapointed and thinking of seeing if i can cancel and go back.  

MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, they’ve lost me too. 

They are even charging for Episode 2 of The Terror. I DOUBT AMC is charging as I’m sure they’d like new viewers. 

Lying, cheating  Verizon. 

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
TamaraCW
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am doing the same thing.  If On Demand costs me, I will not pay.  I was not told that On Demand costs extra so they are out the money from me!

Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
TamaraCW
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone used Direct TV.  When we moved here in October, 2017 and picked FIOS for it's speed, Direct TV did not charge for On Demand.  I am thinking strongly of going back to Direct TV.  Had it for 20 years and loved it!  The remote and their box are so much easier to use than FIOS, too.

Paying for On Demans
fillow
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are there no shows left on FIOS OnDemand that you do not have to pay for?  WHy are we being forced to pay for shows that we already pay a subscription fee for? 

0 Likes
Re: 2017 on demand fees
fillow
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone gotten anywhere with Verizon on this? Today is the first day I called Direct TV and Comcast to figure out which I will be switching too.  I watched all of these shows for free before but now I pay more for FIOS and have to pay to watch these shows that were free before?  This is ridiculous and Im out!