Re: 2017 on demand fees
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I haven't had Dish or DirecTV for awhile.  At least while they were offering on-demand over their satellites, they had very limited on-demand.  And that on-demand included free and pay items.  I gather things may have changed in terms of their giving you more content.

0 Likes
TV show season finale did not start on time
HHComp
Enthusiast - Level 1

We DVR Timeless and the season finale did not start on time due to ????

The only option available is on demand and pay to watch it - that is simply unacceptable!

Why is this not free?

Re: TV show season finale did not start on time
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Because NBC wants you to pay?

You can either watch it on their webiste/app.

Or probably wait a couple of weeks (only episodes 9-10 are for fee) and it will probably end up being for free.

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
DJSirEl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I started watching the new series "The Crossing" and up to this point all episodes have been free. All of sudden now Verizon is charging to view Season 1 episode 8; however, you can watch it free throught ABC app. This is unacceptable and the sad part is I just renewed my contract, but I  will not recommend Verizon to anyone and will not renew my contract.

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you know anyone with another cable provider?

If so, see if they have a charge for this episode.

If so, then it is ABC, not the cable companies doing it.

MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Hi

Verizon is also charging or the last

two episodes of Timeless which just aired. I watched it on the NBC site for free. 

I guess Verizon doesn’t mind looking like greedy double chargers. 

Btw, The Crossinf has been cancelled. So annoyed at ABC. 

0 Likes
SR22

Steady rise of cable on demand fees is expected. As apple and other companies (diseney) approach the on demand model. Revenue sources shall steadily decline. Bigger or better option on demand models come into being. Eventually Microsoft (google/alperbet) shall follow suit soon! Guess what it shall be free on demand in 2021 everywhere for at least 2 years enrollment. That shall kill netflix, nbc, Verizon and etc. this will attract millions of viewers world wide. Any body remember the company “internet in a box”!

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Very soon I will be moving and will give up Verizon forever. 

They should have figured out a way not to Double charge customers. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@MJNY wrote:

Very soon I will be moving and will give up Verizon forever. 

They should have figured out a way not to Double charge customers. 

To be fair, will you be as hard on your new provider if they also charge for in demand?

0 Likes
Rancher1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Gotta go back to Optimum - this is ridiculous.