Paying for On Demand
emvelez
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why do we have to pay for network TV shows on On Demand? It is only $1.99 but Xfinity doesn't charge at all.

I DVR'd the network TV show Deception and it was so distorted I could not watch it. This is not the first time a DVR'd program has been horribly distorted or only a few minutes got recorded. When I went to On Demand to watch it, I saw I would have to pay.

Re: Paying for On Demand
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couple of comments:

1) Verizon groups paid episodes with free. I believe others don't. I have seen some cases where xfinity and Verizon have the same free and paid episodes.

2) Sometimes, other providers have been able to negotiate extended time for an episode to be free.

If you happen to know someone who has xfinity, see what they show for the episodes in question.

0 Likes
Why are some tv programs available for a cost, but some are not?
rstkat

I went to watch CODE BLACK today, but there appears to be a charge to watch last night's episode.  WHY?  Is this something new?

0 Likes
Re: Now charging for OnDemand?!!?
PRINCESSLGC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I AGREE , YOU ALREALY PAY FOR A SUBSCRIPTION IN YOUR PREMIUM TV PAGKAGE . IT IS ROBBERY. ITS LIKE PAYING TWICE TO WATCH A SHOW ON DEMAND

Re: Now charging for OnDemand?!!?
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

This has been going on since February 2017

it is double charging. I reported to the AG in NY but that was the last AG that resigned I think for being crooked. It’s all a joke. 

Cant wait to move out of NY and NEVER use Verizon again. And I used to think they were great. They smashed that perception. 

0 Likes
Re: General Verizon Dissatisfaction
JRTEMT
Contributor - Level 2

Happen to watch discovery, military history, history channel daily!  I object to the new symbol $$$$$$ next to EVERY episode when using OnDemand lately. Used to have at least two past shows! What happened?

Re: General Verizon Dissatisfaction
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I just checked a couple of shows on both Discovery and History.

All had the most recent few shows as free.

Can you list some shows and specific episodes you are seeing?

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
KaraokeDiva
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've read a bunch of threads on this subject - some say Verizon is charging and some say the networks. Regardless of who is responsible it's a bunch of **bleep**. I recently switched from Comcast Xfinity a few months ago and they never charged for stuff that I subscribe to! I also noticed on Fios that they also skip episodes. Like right now on Demand right now for Preacher has all the current episodes except for episode 4 which is the one I need to start from. It makes no sense it has done it to me several times. I wish I had known about this issue before I switched now I'm stuck in a contract. the **bleep** free Netflix for a year sucked me in. In my experience Comcast may charge more but you get what you pay for - Comcast is better!!! Don't get tricked by Verizon!

Re: So disappointed in Verizon FIOS
kortney1979
Enthusiast - Level 1

My family and I were just forced to switch from Xfinity to Fios because we relocated and Xfinity is not yet available in the area... I also was suprised to see that there is a charge for On Demand to channels that are in our lineup... You would think they Verizon would try to keep up with Xfinity in this regard... I am also missing my voice remote and the ease of operation that comes with the X1 platform that Xfinity offers... The price is already high for Fios then there is a charge for everything I want to do it seems... My family and I are very disappointed!

Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
pt1923
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happens (being charged for included content) many times.  Most recently for me, I've been following Kevin Costner's new "Yellowstone" series on Paramount Network.  It's a 9 episode show.  At the time, 8 episodes had been broadcast, 7 of which I've seen.  I went to "On Demand" to watch episode 8.  Episodes 1 thru 7 were free.  Episode 8 had the "$" next to it...it was not free.  How ridiculous and inconsistent.  I needed to see Ep.8 for the finale (Ep.9) to make sense.  Fortunately I had some points built up so I didn't pay for it.  Still I should not have had to use points.  I made sure to DVR Ep.9.  Fool me once...

0 Likes