In-Store or Curbside Pickup:
• Orders must be placed from 8 AM – 5 PM, Mon – Sat, and Sun before 2 PM (excluding holidays).
• We’ll email you when your order is ready for pickup. Your order will be held for 3 days from the time it's placed.
• Please bring photo ID and credit/debit card only if used as payment.
• In-Store Pickup is available across the U.S. at participating Verizon Wireless stores.
• Curbside Pickup available at select stores.
• Same-day delivery is available in select areas.
• If same-day delivery is available for your order, you’ll be able to choose that option at checkout.
Why do we have to pay for network TV shows on On Demand? It is only $1.99 but Xfinity doesn't charge at all.
I DVR'd the network TV show Deception and it was so distorted I could not watch it. This is not the first time a DVR'd program has been horribly distorted or only a few minutes got recorded. When I went to On Demand to watch it, I saw I would have to pay.
Couple of comments:
1) Verizon groups paid episodes with free. I believe others don't. I have seen some cases where xfinity and Verizon have the same free and paid episodes.
2) Sometimes, other providers have been able to negotiate extended time for an episode to be free.
If you happen to know someone who has xfinity, see what they show for the episodes in question.
This has been going on since February 2017
it is double charging. I reported to the AG in NY but that was the last AG that resigned I think for being crooked. It’s all a joke.
Cant wait to move out of NY and NEVER use Verizon again. And I used to think they were great. They smashed that perception.
Happen to watch discovery, military history, history channel daily! I object to the new symbol $$$$$$ next to EVERY episode when using OnDemand lately. Used to have at least two past shows! What happened?
I just checked a couple of shows on both Discovery and History.
All had the most recent few shows as free.
Can you list some shows and specific episodes you are seeing?
08-11-2018 02:15 PM
I've read a bunch of threads on this subject - some say Verizon is charging and some say the networks. Regardless of who is responsible it's a bunch of **bleep**. I recently switched from Comcast Xfinity a few months ago and they never charged for stuff that I subscribe to! I also noticed on Fios that they also skip episodes. Like right now on Demand right now for Preacher has all the current episodes except for episode 4 which is the one I need to start from. It makes no sense it has done it to me several times. I wish I had known about this issue before I switched now I'm stuck in a contract. the **bleep** free Netflix for a year sucked me in. In my experience Comcast may charge more but you get what you pay for - Comcast is better!!! Don't get tricked by Verizon!
My family and I were just forced to switch from Xfinity to Fios because we relocated and Xfinity is not yet available in the area... I also was suprised to see that there is a charge for On Demand to channels that are in our lineup... You would think they Verizon would try to keep up with Xfinity in this regard... I am also missing my voice remote and the ease of operation that comes with the X1 platform that Xfinity offers... The price is already high for Fios then there is a charge for everything I want to do it seems... My family and I are very disappointed!
08-23-2018 08:03 AM
It happens (being charged for included content) many times. Most recently for me, I've been following Kevin Costner's new "Yellowstone" series on Paramount Network. It's a 9 episode show. At the time, 8 episodes had been broadcast, 7 of which I've seen. I went to "On Demand" to watch episode 8. Episodes 1 thru 7 were free. Episode 8 had the "$" next to it...it was not free. How ridiculous and inconsistent. I needed to see Ep.8 for the finale (Ep.9) to make sense. Fortunately I had some points built up so I didn't pay for it. Still I should not have had to use points. I made sure to DVR Ep.9. Fool me once...