Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sometimes, the content provider will charge right after a show has aired to try and get you to watch any reairings of their show. I'll be after the finale airs, you will see Episode 8 for free and Episode 9 for a fee. Then a week or so later, it will be for free.

Re: So disappointed in Verizon FIOS
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you know people that are still on Xfinity, check with them to compare free episodes to ones they have as available.

One of the things that has made it confusing is that Verizon has chosen to put the free and pay episodes together.

When I have visited my mother in-law who has Cox, you might only see 4 episodes available.

Yet on Verizon, I would see the same 4 for free, but then see the ones for a fee available as well.

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon has completely destroyed their credibility and reputation. 

Double charging us for networks and shows we already pay for is

@pt1923 wrote:

It happens (being charged for included content) many times.  Most recently for me, I've been following Kevin Costner's new "Yellowstone" series on Paramount Network.  It's a 9 episode show.  At the time, 8 episodes had been broadcast, 7 of which I've seen.  I went to "On Demand" to watch episode 8.  Episodes 1 thru 7 were free.  Episode 8 had the "$" next to it...it was not free.  How ridiculous and inconsistent.  I needed to see Ep.8 for the finale (Ep.9) to make sense.  Fortunately I had some points built up so I didn't pay for it.  Still I should not have had to use points.  I made sure to DVR Ep.9.  Fool me once...

unethical. 

Moving soon and will say goodbye to a Verizon forever. 

0 Likes
Re: New On Demand Screen and Pricing
Trilby

Yes. It's garbage. Typical redesign that makes things worse, not better. Where are the channels? They left that out.  HUGE omission. How do you search for anything? Utter crap. 

0 Likes
dmwesq
Enthusiast - Level 3

Like many others on this thread I too am tetering on the edge of leaving Verizon. If I do leave it will be up to me to figure out what services will provide the most content that matches what I want to watch. The problem with the big providers is they bundle everything and you get 450 channels of which you watch maybe 100 and the rest you are paying for with no need or desire to ever watch them. On top of that, Verizon has now informed me they are cutting out HBO and Cinemex from my package, and when I spoke to someone at support (which is always some low level person who really knows next to nothing) they told me I wasn't paying extra for those chnnels anyway. I beg to differ. I was paying a ridiculously high rate for a package that included their Ultimate TV HD channels. I chose that package because it included the premium movie channels I wanted. So yes, I was paying extra for that package and everything it came with. If you take away premium channels and expect me to pay the same price, and then tell me if I want those premium channels back I have to pay an additional subscription then you are as dishonest as can be and I need to drop you like a hot potatoe.

And to top things off, everytime they "upgrade" their VOD service they make it worse, and much harder to find what you want to watch. I can't imagine who makes these ridiculous decisions at this company but I am left shaking my head. I could go on and on about issues I have but I suspect my time is better spent figuring out where I am getting my new service from.

MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon used to be wonderful and now it just basically sucks. 

0 Likes
Re: Now charging for OnDemand?!!?
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

It is paying twice. 

0 Likes
Re: 2017 on demand fees
Mdhrth

I totally agree and when this first happened I was livid! How do we complain? There is no place to email on verizon’s Site and I tried calling and complaining and eventually the person disconnected me. I though about complaining to the FCC.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon, like other cable providers never guaranteed that all on demand content would be free forever.

A lot of the charges come from the content providers themselves.

At times, some cable providers are willing to pay extra for content to be free.

This became more apparent when Verizon put free and paid content together.

I have checked a few shows on my in-laws cable system and they had the same free episodes as FiOS.

If you have a friend with another cable provider and see if they show the same episodes as FiOS for free.

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

You can complain to the Attorney General. I did but that was the last NY AG who was crooked. Maybe the new one is better?  Not sure. 

0 Likes