On demand
Di531
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have preferred tv.  I should not have to pay for shows/episodes that are included within that program package.  $2 fee is not acceptable.  Verizon show are free for all seasons.  Your gauging your customers.

0 Likes
Change in On Demand Service
a90shippie1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am very disappointed with the recent changes to the On Demand options. Almost everything is now at a cost. I thought that this service was part of our plan and that SOME things like movies and special events were at an additional cost.

Now, you can’t watch ANY series through a season without paying for at least some of the episodes.

The cost of the service keeps going up while we get less for our money.

I am so close to canceling Fios and finding a more affordable option.

Re: Change in On Demand Service
Fazool

I just switched to Verizon from Comcast about a month ago and i can say that there was more free on demand content with Comcast. Not sure if you'll find more affordable options though by swithching cable companies, they are all pretty much the same. So far i am pretty happy with Verizon. The one big pro with them is that they have way more available HD channels than Comcast.

0 Likes
Re: Change in On Demand Service
The_Inn_Famous

This was a foolish move on Verizon's part,  now everone is encouraged to use Amazon Fire stick and download the network apps (where the epidsodes are free if you login via your fios account).    Ecomm 101,  never drive traffic away

0 Likes
Re: Paying for On Demand
GDefl

You keep putting it onto the content providers in regards to the outrageous double dipping.  OK.  Why isn’t Verizon publicly stating what a disgrace this is?  I will tell you.  Because they are adding to the fees as well.  Crooked as the day is long.

0 Likes
Re: Paying for On Demand
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have checked a few programs on my in laws cable provider(cox)

They only have the same episodes as what FiOS has available.

Can't say that I saw other episodes available for a fee.

I'm sure every cable provider that has paid content adds something on top to cover their costs.

I have found that a lot of content providers have more episodes on their app for free. And look at how CBS has started their streaming service. Trying to make more money besides the fees they get from cable providers and ad money.

Re: 2017 on demand fees
FeelingRipped

I cannot wait until my contract with Verizon is up. I am going with another provider. I am  absolutely offended that Verizon charges to watch on-demand episodes. They say it is the TV networks, but that makes absolutely no sense. That doesn’t happen on DIRECTV and it doesn’t happen on Comcast, only Verizon. Also that you cannot skip ahead is novel to Verizon.   Funny how the networks do not put these restrictions on any other service provider except for Verizon.  I wanted to get caught up on The Red Line And all episodes require a fee except the pilot. What a rip off! I will definitely be switching when this contract is up.

0 Likes
Re: 2017 on demand fees
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can't say about this show or Comcast, but when I have compared some shpows on Verizon to cox at my in-laws, episodes were similar.

And ffwd was disabled as well.

If you know someone on Comcast, ask them to compare this show to their options.

Remember that CBS has their own streaming service, they have every reason to limit free episodes available on demand to have people go to their service instead of paying on demqnd that they have to share with service providers.

Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
DeeBizzle
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just switched from Comcast to Verizon!! Big mistake!! It is terrible!!! On demand sucks! Have to pay to watch all shows!! DVR sucks!! I hate everything about it!! I’m going back to Comcast!!!

Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Plenty of shows available for no charge.

They don't end to only be the latest episodes of a series though.