Switch Account

On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.

On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Lol

Contributor Sheltiegirl
Contributor
  1. That is a suggestion however it doesn't stop the problem if the network is part of your program you should not be being charged. I to have the same problem and filed a complaint with the ftcc. We do not pay the networks we pay them. I also looked into their answer for that and it is not true.

@LawrenceC wrote:

Changes to VOD: The VOD free and premium folders have been merged into the Networks Folder. As such, you will find the free and paid shows now located in the same location. When you select the show you want to watch under Networks, please select the filter button and choose Free and Owned. This will provide all the shows that are available for free viewing.

Contributor Sheltiegirl
Contributor

I am looking into this problem as well will keep you posted.

MVP CRobGauth MVP
MVP

As part of your looking will you be contacting content providers to ask why they charge extra for on demand content? Verizon is not the only provider to do so.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor MauraMac
Contributor
Message 425 of 429
(520 Views)

I switched recently from Comcast Xfinity to Verizon Fios and I'm extremely disappointed by the lack of FREE On Demand content. I could watch whole seasons of shows On Demand, and as soon as an episode was aired, it showed up in On Demand. Is it my plan? Do I have to switch to another plan somewhere to get free On Demand shows? Or do I need to switch BACK to Xfinity?

Contributor katakana1or2
Contributor

I have the same issue with Thomas and Friends which shows for free on PBS, but you have to pay for old episodes on On Demand. Irritating when I see my cable bill (Verizon).

MVP CRobGauth MVP
MVP
Message 427 of 429
(427 Views)

It depends on the show/network.

I have seen some shows/networks that you can get only 3-4 recent episodes.
Some you can get more.

I know when I have checked at my in-laws, COX had similar number of episodes available.

It might be that Comcast has a deal with their NBC/Universal networks or have a different contractual agreement (they are 5 times the size of FiOS) with content providers.

Not always a help, but I have found that if you have a streaming device, you can watch a lot of content on the apps for the content providers.

But that may be changing as so many content providers are either starting their own or joing the streaming service of someone else.
CBS is a big one that limits what you can see unless you subscribe to their streaming service.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor Lucydog
Contributor

I used to get all CBS programs on demand with no charge on Verizon. Now Verizon is asking for $1.99 to view one program (Blue Bloods, Madame Secretary) and CBS is  not even in the on Demand channel lineup. Are any other providers NOT charging for CBS - who can I switch to? 

Highlighted
MVP CRobGauth MVP
MVP

I'll bet you find this is a growing trend.
CBS has their own streaming service (NBC and ABC/Disney to follow).
Why let a cable provider have free on demand when you can charge make money (shared with provider) or get people to subscribe to your streaming service and keep it all.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.