Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Lol

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
Sheltiegirl1
  1. That is a suggestion however it doesn't stop the problem if the network is part of your program you should not be being charged. I to have the same problem and filed a complaint with the ftcc. We do not pay the networks we pay them. I also looked into their answer for that and it is not true.

@LawrenceC wrote:

Changes to VOD: The VOD free and premium folders have been merged into the Networks Folder. As such, you will find the free and paid shows now located in the same location. When you select the show you want to watch under Networks, please select the filter button and choose Free and Owned. This will provide all the shows that are available for free viewing.

0 Likes
Sheltiegirl1

I am looking into this problem as well will keep you posted.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

As part of your looking will you be contacting content providers to ask why they charge extra for on demand content? Verizon is not the only provider to do so.

Where is all the free On Demand content?!
MauraMac

I switched recently from Comcast Xfinity to Verizon Fios and I'm extremely disappointed by the lack of FREE On Demand content. I could watch whole seasons of shows On Demand, and as soon as an episode was aired, it showed up in On Demand. Is it my plan? Do I have to switch to another plan somewhere to get free On Demand shows? Or do I need to switch BACK to Xfinity?

0 Likes
katakana1or2

I have the same issue with Thomas and Friends which shows for free on PBS, but you have to pay for old episodes on On Demand. Irritating when I see my cable bill (Verizon).

0 Likes
Re: Where is all the free On Demand content?!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

It depends on the show/network.

I have seen some shows/networks that you can get only 3-4 recent episodes.
Some you can get more.

I know when I have checked at my in-laws, COX had similar number of episodes available.

It might be that Comcast has a deal with their NBC/Universal networks or have a different contractual agreement (they are 5 times the size of FiOS) with content providers.

Not always a help, but I have found that if you have a streaming device, you can watch a lot of content on the apps for the content providers.

But that may be changing as so many content providers are either starting their own or joing the streaming service of someone else.
CBS is a big one that limits what you can see unless you subscribe to their streaming service.

Re: HAVING TO PAY FOR PREVIOUS SHOWS ON DEMAND YOU ALREADY SUBSCRIBE TO !!!
Lucydog5

I used to get all CBS programs on demand with no charge on Verizon. Now Verizon is asking for $1.99 to view one program (Blue Bloods, Madame Secretary) and CBS is  not even in the on Demand channel lineup. Are any other providers NOT charging for CBS - who can I switch to? 

0 Likes
Re: HAVING TO PAY FOR PREVIOUS SHOWS ON DEMAND YOU ALREADY SUBSCRIBE TO !!!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'll bet you find this is a growing trend.
CBS has their own streaming service (NBC and ABC/Disney to follow).
Why let a cable provider have free on demand when you can charge make money (shared with provider) or get people to subscribe to your streaming service and keep it all.

Re: Now charging for OnDemand?!!?
NewtoFiOSBB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wait what? I just join FiOS Fox is not available what do you mean? It's a regular cable network what the hell is going on these days? Comcast unlimited cinemax as well because of some fight between companies there needs to be some kind of legal moderation about this crap.

0 Likes