On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
ShortyB1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since the new On Demand menu launched I have noitced a change in the pricing of On demand episodes on channels that I subribe to as part of my normal FIOS TV package. I first noticed this with a recent episode of Teen Wolf on MTV that I had started watching for Free two days prior then when I was switched over to the new On Demand menu that same episode had to be purchased for $1.99 for me to continue watching it. Next the same issue happened with the latest episode of the Vampire  Diaries on CW. Assuming this was a mistake I called customer service and was told that it was the Channel providers MTV and CW not Verizon that had made price change for the episodes but was also told that I could  watch these same episodes for free online. So I logged into Myverzion account online and and found that all the curent episodes were in fact free.  This makes no scense at all. Why am I being charged extra to watch content on my TV that is free online. This totally defeats the purposed of paying for cable. The fact that I have to pay extra to watch content on my TV that is now only available for free online is ridiculous.  Im convinced that this a mistake that started when the new On demand menu was released.  Also I have checked at a few friends and relatives houses over the holidays and was able the to watch the exact same content (current episodes) for free On Demand with Direct TV and Comcast.  So imagine tonight when I sat down to watch the latest epsode of Grimm On Demand on NBC with FIOS and found that I had to pay $1.99. I begrudgingly got up off my sofa logged into Myverzion account and found the very same episode is free to watch online. Please fix this mistake or I will be switiching to Direct TV ASAP. 

Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This has been covered in other threads.

For one this is a peer to peer support forum, so Verizon doesn't respond.

And we have not been given any timeframe on when this issue might be resolved.

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Changes to VOD: The VOD free and premium folders have been merged into the Networks Folder. As such, you will find the free and paid shows now located in the same location. When you select the show you want to watch under Networks, please select the filter button and choose Free and Owned. This will provide all the shows that are available for free viewing.

Now charging for OnDemand?!!?
Ekien19
Enthusiast - Level 1

First the elimination of Fox and now I see I have to pay extra to watch TV shows on-demand (ABC, CBS etc...). Ridiculous. Like the cable service isn't expensive enough? Unfathomable. 

johne6
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just found out the same information.  Was told nothing can be done about it for now except complain.  I sure Conmcast would welcome my business.

johne6
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just spoke with a representative and he claims today is the first time his office has gotten calls about this.  There have been numerous calls today and they are supposely looking into why.  Promised a call back before I disconnect my service.

Why are shows on OnDemand pay only?
Mghowells12
Enthusiast - Level 1

The OnDemand screen layout just changed, and now many programs (Comedy Central shows, NBC and other major networks, etc.) require payment to watch shows, even recent ones. Because I can only record two shows at a time, this is ridiculous. I pay $130 per month for cable and this is what we get. I'm prepared to cancel- it's too expensive and just not worth it.

Re: Why are shows on OnDemand pay only?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They still have as many pay as free(or included) shows as before.  However the new VOD pages rolling out make it more confusing.  Make sure you filter "free and owned". 

Pretty much when a show comes up in the free category depends on the network provider.   Often they do not offer the most recent shows as free for a few weeks and then make them available.   Making things worse is the decision of some of these channels on launching "all-access, etc." offerings of their own.

2017 on demand fees
telman63
Enthusiast - Level 1

On Demand now charging for shows (2017) I never used to pay for as Emerald City on NBC. Other shows on differnt networks like si fy are also charging. Why is FIOS charging for these and still free on other cable providers. Whats going on?

Re: 2017 on demand fees
ShortyB1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I see what you mean about Emerald City. The episodes were only available for pay per view at $1.99 for episodes 1 & 2 during the first 2 weeks but all available episodes are free up to episode 4 now with the exceptipn of episode 2 that you still have to pay for which still sucks. So to this date episode 2 has never been free.  I generally dont like watching shows or trying to catch up on them unless I can watch all episodes in order. Otherwise I just watch on Hulu (which is what I did) or Netflix (Oops there I go again talking about cheaper viewing options working better than ovepriced cable). This is truly subpar for verizon. Even if this is the Channel carriers doing this, someone at Verizon should monitor this stuff for quality control issues and have the testicular or ovarian fortitude to tell them how stupid this is.