×

Switch Account

On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.

On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.

Reply
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Posts: 7,581
Registered: ‎11-04-2008
Message 361 of 429
(929 Views)

One way to check would be to ask a friend with another provider.

See if they have the same episodes for free or a fee.


If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Posts: 113
Registered: ‎03-15-2017
Message 362 of 429
(908 Views)

This is basically fraud because they are charging us twice to watch shows. 

 

Not sure why the Attorney General has not stopped it. 

 

I know that as soon as I move I’ll never use Verizon again. 

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Posts: 4,669
Registered: ‎10-18-2016
Message 363 of 429
(906 Views)

@MJNYwrote:

This is basically fraud because they are charging us twice to watch shows. 

 

Not sure why the Attorney General has not stopped it. 

 

I know that as soon as I move I’ll never use Verizon again. 


Did you file with the NYS Attorney Generals Office? 

Http://www.oag.ny.gov 

he has an online complaint document. And a toll free number.

you may also address the issue with the agency that regulates Verizon and other utilities. http://www.dps.ny.gov

The Public Service Commission also has a toll free number and a online submission portal for the complaint and any supporting documentation. Both agencies require it.

 

Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Posts: 7,581
Registered: ‎11-04-2008
Message 364 of 429
(893 Views)

You keep repeating it is fraud.

Yet the fact that other providers do it isnt?

And you say that VOD was promised as all free.
Yet no where in the TOS does it say that.


If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Posts: 4,669
Registered: ‎10-18-2016
Message 365 of 429
(886 Views)

@CRobGauthwrote:

You keep repeating it is fraud.

Yet the fact that other providers do it isnt?

And you say that VOD was promised as all free.
Yet no where in the TOS does it say that.


It would be even better if you quote the person that stated that. 🤨

Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Posts: 113
Registered: ‎03-15-2017
Message 366 of 429
(875 Views)

I’m the one who is saying it’s fraud


@jonjoneswrote:

@CRobGauthwrote:

You keep repeating it is fraud.

Yet the fact that other providers do it isnt?

And you say that VOD was promised as all free.
Yet no where in the TOS does it say that.


It would be even better if you quote the person that stated that. 🤨



because we are being charged twice to watch tv. 

 

Why dont you get that??!

 

I already pay a premium price to have all

the channels!  Charging me to watch a show again, is fraud. Or theft? Or it’s something that can’t be legal. Call it what you will. 

 

So so now I’ve explained it for the 50th time. 

 

Good luck. 

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Posts: 4,669
Registered: ‎10-18-2016
Message 367 of 429
(853 Views)

@MJNYwrote:

I’m the one who is saying it’s fraud


@jonjoneswrote:

@CRobGauthwrote:

You keep repeating it is fraud.

Yet the fact that other providers do it isnt?

And you say that VOD was promised as all free.
Yet no where in the TOS does it say that.


It would be even better if you quote the person that stated that. 🤨



because we are being charged twice to watch tv. 

 

Why dont you get that??!

 

I already pay a premium price to have all

the channels!  Charging me to watch a show again, is fraud. Or theft? Or it’s something that can’t be legal. Call it what you will. 

 

So so now I’ve explained it for the 50th time. 

 

Good luck. 


Take the advice I gave you a few answers back. If in New York contact the agencies I gave you.

 

Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Posts: 113
Registered: ‎03-15-2017
Message 368 of 429
(784 Views)

Yes, I contacter


@jonjoneswrote:

@MJNYwrote:

I’m the one who is saying it’s fraud


@jonjoneswrote:

@CRobGauthwrote:

You keep repeating it is fraud.

Yet the fact that other providers do it isnt?

And you say that VOD was promised as all free.
Yet no where in the TOS does it say that.


It would be even better if you quote the person that stated that. 🤨



because we are being charged twice to watch tv. 

 

Why dont you get that??!

 

I already pay a premium price to have all

the channels!  Charging me to watch a show again, is fraud. Or theft? Or it’s something that can’t be legal. Call it what you will. 

 

So so now I’ve explained it for the 50th time. 

 

Good luck. 


Take the advice I gave you a few answers back. If in New York contact the agencies I gave you.

 



them last year. Never got a response. 

Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Posts: 7,581
Registered: ‎11-04-2008
Message 369 of 429
(779 Views)

Its not fraud.

Legal definition of fraud starts with the accused party making a statement that they know is false.

Where did Verizon ever say that all on demand would be free?

They can easily say you are only paying for the linear viewing.

The content providers control this.

Have you ever once complained to any of them or posted they are defrauding you?

Why not cut the cord and go with with a streaming service if you are so unhappy?


If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Posts: 4,669
Registered: ‎10-18-2016
Message 370 of 429
(728 Views)

I know for a fact if you are a New York State resident the Public Service Commission does reply both in email and on the phone. They contact Verizon who responds directly to the customer and follows through with the state regulating authority.

 

if they find you are complaining about something they have no control over they do nothing after telling you. Same with the attorney generals office.

 

verizon executive escalations is mandated to contact the customer who filed the complaint. 

Do as the other replyer stated and get a streaming service.

 

How-To Videos
 
The following videos were produced by users like you!
   
Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.



Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.