On Demand not Charging per episode - Switching Services ASAP
kimgriffin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried to finish watching an episode of Married to Medicine on Bravo this morning and Verizon is trying to charge me $2.99!!!!! I was able to access it yesterday afternoon, but had to stop it when kids came home. How can Verizon justify charging for content that I have already paid for? My monthly bill is close to $300 per month and now I'm going to have to pay extra for TV shows that I may have missed!!! That should be included free of charge (one of the selling points for selecting Verizon in the first place) because I am paying for the content on these channels in my monthly bill!!! Spending the day looking at other provider options.

Re: On Demand not Charging per episode - Switching Services ASAP
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

These charges are typically per contract with the content provider.

Bravo might have a deal with a streaming service and there for wants Verizon to bill.

I have read other people say that other providers charge for some content as we'll.

on demand
bdc444
Enthusiast - Level 1

The on demand library changed not only in look but now most episodes of most shows on demand cost $1.99.  These same shows were free two days ago.  What changed?  why?  Please explain.

bdc444
Enthusiast - Level 1

I noticed same problem.  I tried to contact customer service but the rep, who is located in another country, had no idea what I was asking about.  SHe left me on hold for 20 mins while she "investiagted."  It appears that Fios has no clue about this change.  frustrated as well.  Nobody at Verizon Fios has any clue what is going on with their services.

Baracuda1974
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here, most to all episodes they want to you to pay 1.99 to 2.99 per episode, for this you are better off dropping TV service and just get internet service, that way you can sign up to Hulu and get all episodes for one flat rate of $11.99.

WHY I HAVE TO PAY FOR ONDEMAND VIEWING
Baracuda1974
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since Vz changed its UI for the OnDemand application, now you must pay $2 to $3 buck PER EPISODE to view them when it was fee before the change. Really ticked off that you call costumer support most of their agent don't know or didn’t know about the changes, can answer any question and keep you like a mushroom, in the dark and feed with {word filter avoidance}.
I’m sick and tired of this company nickel and diming the crap of us. I pay closed to $200 buck a month for this?
I’m really contemplating in just getting internet from them and cut off the other services. For TV I can just get Hulu for $11.99 a months.

Re: WHY I HAVE TO PAY FOR ONDEMAND VIEWING
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Changes to VOD: The VOD free and premium folders have been merged into the Networks Folder. As such, you will find the free and paid shows now located in the same location. When you select the show you want to watch under Networks, please select the filter button and choose Free and Owned. This will provide all the shows that are available for free viewing.

0 Likes
Baracuda1974
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you think I don't know that??? The problem we are having is that the number of FREE episodes are 5% to 10% to the total amount of pay to watch content from a complete season you would have 3 to 5 free episodes to watch on a limited time of maybe at the most 5 days before it changes to a pay to view content.
So again, tell me where the benefits are there to pay a $200 bill to now on top pay $3 per episode?

Re: Why are we now being charged to see "On Demand" episodes?
Wildharbor99
Enthusiast - Level 1

Said another way - why is Verizon attempting to charge for services I've already paid for. I pay for access to the channel and programming, I pay for a package that includes on demand service, then to use on demand I'm expected to pay to watch programs already paid for. So this is essentially a tax on watching the program when convienient for me vs when convienient to the broadcaster. 

With Verizon changing more for services by adding fees per show, cutting the cord makes more economical sense than ever. For me, this is is just one attempt too many to squeeze the consumer. I'm joining the move to drop Verizon and get my programming over the air and with packages from Hulu, Netflix, and HBO. My bank account will thank me!

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader
Spoiler

As stated, this is more of the content providers.

I saw in another thread that a user said they have a Comcast account and they are charging for content as well.

IMHO, it is somewhat in response to cord cutters.

As more people move to streaming services, those services want content.

And don't want to compete with free vod for season series.

0 Likes