On-Demand picture kinda fuzzy
keljpvs
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have noticed that the movies that I play from the on-demand guide for subscription channels have a very different look.  The picture is usually somewhat fuzzy compared to regular programming.  What's the deal?  Anyone else had this problem?
0 Likes
Re: On-Demand picture kinda fuzzy
vfrankowski
Enthusiast - Level 3
Totally agree!!  I am surprised that nobody else has replied to this post.  I remember reading something about this topic some time ago.  Someone brought it up with regards to IMG 1.6 but nobody commented whether or not it was corrected with 1.6.1.  I watched a movie last month with my daughter and it was so blurry that the channel logo in the bottom right corner was almost unreadable.  Came from Comcast and would never go back but their On Demand was much clearer, in SD that is.  Their HD on demand was very pixelated.  I am hoping that the new IMG corrects this.
0 Likes
keljpvs
Enthusiast - Level 1
I'm just glad that I'm not the only one with the problem.  But, it would be nice to have it fixed!
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Just curious, are you guys referring to the SD On Demand or HD? I never watch SD so I have no idea whether it is fuzzy or not, but the HD seems ok to me.

Keller, TX 76248 

0 Likes
ubrgeek
Contributor - Level 1
Actually, this is the reason I logged into the forums to see if anyone else has experienced the same thing. The non-HD movies are terrible in quality.  There's no reason for it, either.
0 Likes
philhu
Contributor - Level 2

Actually, there is a reason for it.

On-Demand is done with IPTV.  Not standard TV

If you have ever watched IPTV, it is a bit fuzzy.  They send the video over internet, not standard channels of info.

Kind of like watching in an internet browser.  This is why it seems a bit fuzzy.

0 Likes
ubrgeek
Contributor - Level 1

IPTV can be broadcast over controlled networks, in this case the last mile, which should be fast enough for there to be less QOS issues.  Unless we're talking Internet TV vice IPTV?

0 Likes
fiostvman
Enthusiast - Level 3

SD VOD has been fuzzy from day 1 on FIOS. HD VOD looks great.

Poor quality SD VOD has nothing to do with the current IMG. I have been told by folks here and over by DSL reports that the poor quality is due to how the source material is encoded and if that is the case, it is imperative that Verizon works with the content providers to have this improved.

You can't advertise that it has the best picture quality period when SD picuture quality(On HDTV and VOD) is very poor.

0 Likes
ubrgeek
Contributor - Level 1

Does anyone know if Verizon (a) puts out customer surveys and (b) responds to them in any meaningful way? I just tried three different non-HD movies and they're unwatchable because they're so blurry.  To say you offer the most HD is great, but let's be honest, without paying a lot extra, there aren't a heck of a lot of useful HD channels. Without getting all of the premium channels (we get the non-HBO/Cinemax package, whatever that's called) that cuts back even more on HD content.  All of that would be fine if the "standard" on-demand movies, shows, etc. were of decent quality, but they're absolute crap.  I can't believe it, but Comcast had more offerings for OD and much better quality.

Come on Verizon, plenty of customers are complaining, but I have yet to see a response ... be it an actual change in service or at least anything more than lip service to future plans.  How is it you can be content to be compared to Comcast and to come out in second place? 

0 Likes
Phred
     Same problem here too. How can verizon let this issue be? It's impossible to watch without giving myself a headache! Fix it or get rid of those useless SD offerings.
0 Likes