On Demand
donaldm961

Why is it that most of the TNT programming, that is "on demand", doesn't allow the general features

of the remote, i.e.: FF, Rewind, Pause etc.

0 Likes
Re: On Demand
prisaz
Legend

TNT has provided it that way. It is based on how the security keys are placed on it by the provider. I know it can be annoying, but I read a post where someone could not FF through a recorded commercial. Now that is really aggravating.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yeah ... I found one of those shows the other day ... couldn't fast forward the commercials.   BUT ... then I discovered that it did allow the 30-second SKIP button.   Go figure!

CCandBW
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand this is out of the control of FiOS and, honestly, I don't mind not being allowed to fast forward.  However, I am very aggravated that I am not allowed to rewind.  Gee, I might want to watch the commercial again!  But seriously, I often get interrupted (kiddies need help, phone call, someone at the door, people talking too loudly), I doze off, or just forget to stop it when I need to pause.  I can't count how many times I've missed part of a show and can't rewind to watch it (and the commercials) again.  If I'm more then 15 - 30  minutes into a 1 hour show, I often don't watch it again.  I would think that is worse for the networks/suppliers and FiOS to have a captive audience (someone watching a show they like) and have them not bother to watch the rest because they couldn't rewind.

Is there some technical reason why networks cannot block only FF and also not block rewind (and pause)?  I don't see why not, they don't block Stop.  Maybe it's "Coming Soon".  

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've never had the experience where you couldn't rewind / fast forward.   Maybe not "skip", but never rewind and fast forward.   I had it where you can't fast forward thru a commercial, but that's about the extent I've ever seen.   Is there a particular current free On Demand title that's available o FiOS that demonstrates this behavior?   Maybe one of us can take a look and see if we experience the same symptoms.

0 Likes
CCandBW
Enthusiast - Level 2

lasagna -- Are you maybe thinking of DVR controls?  Skip is not an option on VOD, at least not that I know of.  

Navigation blocking isn't done by all networks nor is it done on all shows for a particular network.  NBC blocks all navigation on most/all shows, but doesn't warn you.  TNT blocks navigation on some shows, but only tells you they are blocking FF even though Rew and Pause are disabled as well.  ABC tells you when they are blocking all navigation.  There may be more cases, but these are the ones I run into most often.

0 Likes