On demand pixelation
Alliharin

Why is it that whenever I try to watch something "On Demand" every few minutes, sometimes less, it has a pixelation issue where you can't really see anything and the sound drops as well. VERY Aggrevating.

It doesn't matter what I try and watch, it does it for everything.

Has since day one. Is there a way to correct this?

0 Likes
Re: On demand pixelation
Hubrisnxs
Legend

the on demand is delivered through the Internet over the router.  So start there.  just reset the router.  use the on/off switch in the back.  turn it off for about 30 seconds, and then turn it back on.  wait for the internet light to come back, and then go to the on demand and try it again. 

if it still pixelates, then hit the STB auto correct.   you do that on the TV/Fios menu.  so you hit menu / customer support / in home agent / stb auto correct (set top box) 

if it still doesn't work properly, then you might have a cabling issue.  if you're comfortable working with tv cables, then all you're doing is unhooking the router coax, and rehooking it back in nice and secure (do it at both the router and the wall/splitter) and doing the same thing at the STB that is having problems,   unhook the coax from the back of the STB (cable box) and rehook it back and do the same at the wall/splitter for that box. 

otherwise give a call to Verizon  800 - VERIZON or open a chat support.     Tell them the steps you did.  

0 Likes
dwdod1

This problem is REALLY frustrating! I've tried everything I know to correct this problem. First I replaced all the wiring to the set top box. No improvement. I tried replacing the Verizon-supplied splitter with a 2 mHz splitter. No improvement. I tried an amplified splitter. No improvement. Finally I resorted to contacting Verizon technical support. After numerous remote efforts to correct the problem I was finally scheduled for an in-house technician. The technician verified the problem and seemed confident he could correct the problem. He was here for 2 full days. One piece at a time, he replaced all of the Fios wiring and equipment, including a new router and a new set top box. Nothing has helped. The technician was as frustrated as I am. He left at the end of his second day here informing me that I would be contacted by his manager and that the problem will be boosted up to a higher support level. The manager has never contacted me and numerous attempts to get that person's attention have gone unanswered. So....the problem has gone unsolved. The pixelation and sound cutting in and out during any on-demand programming is so bad we are unable to watch it. Meanwhile I continue paying $200+ a month for my FIOS subscription. This is really frustrating to me. Most of what my wife and I want to watch is on-demand. I'm about to terminate my FIOS subscription and try going back to Comcast. I sure would love to find a solution to this problem, but none has been forthcoming.

0 Likes
jeffreyt24
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can assure you that you are not alone. I have the same problem all the time. That is when I don't get some weird message about why I can't watch the program at all. Usually it says program invalid. Tonight I got the message my box doesn't have enough credits, what credits? And how many do you need to watch a FREE program? Seriously considerring switching providers.

0 Likes