One question leads to another, starting with the Olympic interactive widget.....
Anak1
Contributor - Level 1

Now that the Olympics are upon us whenever I land on a NBC channel the interactive widget shows up in the upper right hand corner of our screen.

I was disappointed when I clicked on it, and a info box popped on screen telling me that I needed the HD STB to view it. We have a Standard TV, and STB.

• To me this is a programmers error. It should of either been made availiable to all users of Fios or programmed not to show up for owners of standard STB's.
  • We can order one, but will it work with a Standard TV set, so we can avoid this in the future? We do not care for HD or 3D.
  • Is there an added cost?
  • And the Olympics will probably be half over by the time we get one.

So now we have to endure it until the Olympics are over because there is no way to turn it off.

This leads to my next set of questions.

Why doesn't Vz have a listing of scheduled programming on their web site, and if they do, why is it buried so deeply that it is hard, next to impossible to find?

I was looking for show times for the Olympics, and this weekends Nascar, and F1 races, but no matter what I tried to use as a search term the results pointed me right back to the advantages of signing up for Fios service.

I did find the Fios channel lineup, but that doesn't show what's playing it just gives available channels according to one's zip code.

I did see the three year old? sticky about viewing online, then found out that doesn't work from another poster two years later, but still that's not what I wanted, and for God's sake if it doesn't work at least get rid of that sticky or edit the Admin Emitrius's original post!

For reference: DTV has what they call "The Guide". Channels, Times, and Program,

That's what I was looking for!

0 Likes
Re: One question leads to another, starting with the Olympic interactive widget.....
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry that you are not able to locate it on our site. It is not available there. Its all located on the NBC website. We do look for suggestions to enhance the service. This would be a perfect candidate for the Verizon Idea Exchange. Please search on the idea exchange and cast your vote. There may be another member who made the same suggestion. If not, please add a new idea so your fellow community members can comment and vote on your suggestion. http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideaexchange . The Verizon Idea Exchange is there for you to submit your ideas and suggestions to Verizon so that we can consider them as we innovate our products and services.

0 Likes
Re: One question leads to another, starting with the Olympic interactive widget.....
Anak1
Contributor - Level 1

I posted over in the ideas exchange, we'll see how it goes.

From what I saw in the one thread the olympic widget works only when NBC feeds it. So I'm glad I don't have to concern myself otherwise I'd be complaining about that.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

shouldn't that be disabled under interactive tv?

If you go to MENU  > SETTINGS > TELEVISION > INTERACTIVE TV and select DISABLE,

Anak1
Contributor - Level 1

Never received a notice that you replied Hubris, tried it, it works, thank you.

UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

@Anak wrote:

Now that the Olympics are upon us whenever I land on a NBC channel the interactive widget shows up in the upper right hand corner of our screen.

I was disappointed when I clicked on it, and a info box popped on screen telling me that I needed the HD STB to view it. We have a Standard TV, and STB.

• To me this is a programmers error. It should of either been made availiable to all users of Fios or programmed not to show up for owners of standard STB's.
  • We can order one, but will it work with a Standard TV set, so we can avoid this in the future? We do not care for HD or 3D.
  • Is there an added cost?
  • And the Olympics will probably be half over by the time we get one.

So now we have to endure it until the Olympics are over because there is no way to turn it off.

This leads to my next set of questions.

Why doesn't Vz have a listing of scheduled programming on their web site, and if they do, why is it buried so deeply that it is hard, next to impossible to find?

I was looking for show times for the Olympics, and this weekends Nascar, and F1 races, but no matter what I tried to use as a search term the results pointed me right back to the advantages of signing up for Fios service.

I did find the Fios channel lineup, but that doesn't show what's playing it just gives available channels according to one's zip code.

I did see the three year old? sticky about viewing online, then found out that doesn't work from another poster two years later, but still that's not what I wanted, and for God's sake if it doesn't work at least get rid of that sticky or edit the Admin Emitrius's original post!

For reference: DTV has what they call "The Guide". Channels, Times, and Program,

That's what I was looking for!

Verizon's onlnie TV listings page is here.

0 Likes
Anak1
Contributor - Level 1

This is so ridiculous I do not know why I am even taking the time to describe it.

It is just as I thought:

"Why doesn't Vz have a listing of scheduled programming on their web site, and

if they do, why is it buried so deeply that it is hard, next to impossible to find?"

I finally found the type of programming guide I was looking for here: https://www22.verizon.com/fiostv/web/members/TVListings.aspx

Because of better security I thought if I use separate sign-ins there would be less chance for a security breach on our account so I use the Forums only sign-in.

Your link works for me if I am signed-in to the Main Vz web site, but why? If I am already signed-in here on the forums do I have to sign-in over there?

Regardless of what sign-in is used, that page should be made available to any forum member that has fios tv!!!

The steps I had to take:

• I used your link that with my forums-only sign-in took me to the on-demand, flex-view page.
  • Then had to click on TV Listings in the top menu bar.
  • A fios tv sign-in box popped up.
  • Once I signed-in there it took me to the above link.

Even though I am a member on several other Forums, and know how to navigate those Forums without difficulty, I find any dealings with the "Vz web experience" to be extremely frustrating!

It is no wonder why "newbies" are too.

I will make sure the Mods or Admins see this post.

0 Likes