Re: Online DVR
donut1953
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yesterday I called verizon tech help and he REMAPPED both of my 7232s.. Everything works online now and also caller id..

So to all people having troble just call verizon help and aks them to REMAP you dvrs.. Hope this helps..

0 Likes
cxg331
Contributor - Level 1

I was getting the same message...

We are unable to process your request.
Please try again later.

... when I tried to order the new 500GB DVR.  Spent over an hour on the phone, and over an hour with an on-line tech person, and they basically threw up their hands. 

Now, more than ever, I want the new DVR, as mine:

1) Doesn't accurately display how much space I've used/have open compared to what is taped.

2) Goes through spurts when it beeps every 5 seconds, both while watching shows and while off.

and

3) About two weeks ago, it glitched, reset itself, and deleted half of my DVRed programs. 

Since no one at Verizon seems to have a clue how I can replace my DVR, and there is not a Verizon store within a reasonable driving distance, does anyone have any ideas on how I can get rid of this faulty DVR box and get a new one?

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

It sounds like you have issues with the hard drive if you are losing content. This will also cause issues with available space. The beeping indicates hardware errors, and that the DVR may be over heating, which could cause shutdowns or reboots. It all ventilation openings are clear, check the fan that it is spinning and not full of dust. Next contact tech support and tell them what is happening and request a replacement DVR. Hope for the best that you get the newest DVR delivered. If not the 7232, at least you will have a properly working DVR. With a QIP-7216 or newer and IMG 1.9, you can add external storage. Once the QIP-7232 demand decreases, or more are in stock, you may have better chances of ordering one.

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

This is the same for me. It doesnt recognize my DVR from the website, but it does show that I have them.  The dvr doesnt work from online.  The support has been awful.  Each rep does not help. They take tons of time to get info. but do not help and then there is connectivity issues with their chat. Terrible.  No one helps and they dont open a ticket.  VERIZON, open a ticket would you.  Terrible system.  There is zero accountability. Awful.  Fix the website so the dvr functions work and it recognizes our DVR. What are you doing?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi gcville,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

I have an awesome team that can help you with this.  Please click this link so we can chat live and securely so we can get your account details

https://collaborateext.verizon.com/aims/aims/SocialMediaSupport.jsp?ID=MooreGHForums

~Jess

0 Likes