Re: Channel Lineup
SDBuff1
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Greg2600 wrote:

As I say many times, if the PAC 12's asking price were reasonable, Verizon would snap it up.  They're probably demanding too high a price for VZ.

Same as everyone else is paying.  90 cents inside the footprint (Los Angeles) and 10 cents outside. Less than Verizon pays for the freakn Longhorn Network, which is absolute garbage for content. 

Makes zero sense. They already lost me and am finding COX just as good as Verizon for less money, which I was shocked to find. Their 1TB Cisco box and UI is just fine. 

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

10 cents more than I want them to spend.  And of course channel space, which is not free and tight at the moment.

0 Likes
SDBuff1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sure you will feel different when ESPN is shoving the SEC network down your throat at 3 bucks a month and your precious channel space. I can think of a couple hundred uselss channels to get rid of vs. having premium sports content.  TV is for Sports Programming. People who want to watch TV shows should pull the plug and stream HULU, Amazon, Netflix or whatever. Would be cheaper for you and free up space for SPORTS. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@SDBuff wrote:

Sure you will feel different when ESPN is shoving the SEC network down your throat at 3 bucks a month and your precious channel space. I can think of a couple hundred uselss channels to get rid of vs. having premium sports content.  TV is for Sports Programming. People who want to watch TV shows should pull the plug and stream HULU, Amazon, Netflix or whatever. Would be cheaper for you and free up space for SPORTS. 

Nope.  They can get rid of all of the ESPN channels for all I care.

I'm with all those who think all these high cost sports channels should be seperate (not even bundled in a sports package).

0 Likes
SDBuff1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Serious question. What do you watch on TV, if you're not watching sports. I don't understand why anyone would pay a MSO if they don't watch sports. Isn't it easier and cheaper just to stream all those TV shows at your convenience? 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

A pay for ultimate, which currently includes lots of sports channels.  Would rather that I could drop most of the sports channels, keeping only a few that I was interested in.

0 Likes
Re: PAC 12 network
uarobes

Several of your competitors have added PAC-12 Network to their line-ups here in North Texas, does Verizon FiOS have plans to add this network prior to the start of football and basketball season?  If not we'll be switchting providers when our current contract with FiOS is up.

0 Likes
Same here.....
Trojan24
Enthusiast - Level 1

I plan on cancelling my Verizon account in mid-July after my contract expires.  I missed 20 + pac-12 football games last year because Verizon won't pull the trigger.

Plan on doing the same!!!
MackASU

Tired of missing out and with football season approaching fast, I won't let it happen again.

0 Likes
Re: PAC 12 network
VtaHwy73
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am ready to switch to Time Warner if a deal isn't announced before the end of June.  Missed to many games last year while VZ was "negotiating."  Now they tell me they are still negotiating.  What a joke.  

And I am paying for Big ten multiple channels, longhorn, byu, and a TW channel for the lakers, plus a sports programming surcharge, and they are taking way the tennis channel that I paid extra for?   Get the pac-12 network or I am gone July1.