Pac 12 Network - Why Not??????
bljusn1

Extremely frustrating that Verizon FIOS is the only major provider in my area that doesn't offer the Pac-12 Networks.

When I ask Pac 12, their response is that they have made a fair offer, which Verizon (evidently) has taken no action on.

So...Cox offers Pac 12...DISH offers Pac 12...smaller providers in the region provide Pac 12...but not Verizon FIOS.

What is the story?

What are my options?

It seems like it's boiling down to giving up the Verizon service that I otherwise love...going back to Cox (unsatisfactory previously, but at least they offer the network)...going with DISH, which is incompatible with my security system.

I'd like to see some positive action...and not have my decision forced by inattention and/or neglect.

0 Likes
Re: PAC 12 network
steven113
Contributor - Level 3

time warner carry like mostly every feed for west coast PAC12

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

It will be Frontier's problem next year.  I doubt Verizon will bother to add it.

0 Likes
steven113
Contributor - Level 3

get the content before college football season PAC12
THE DUCKS of oregen

0 Likes
steven113
Contributor - Level 3

if i can get it on my phone you can provide it to my fiostv package

0 Likes
Why No Progress With Pac-12 Networks?
bljusn1

The gaping national hole for Pac-12 Networks is Verizon FIOS.

I'm very discouraged, as this is the lone item that dissatisfies me about Verizon FIOS.

Pac-12 Networks tell me it's because they can't get a fair deal from Verizon.

Verizon doesn't seem to care. Out of fairness, Pac-12 doesn't seem to show a lot of enthusiasm for moving forward.

Cox carries the Pac-12 Network nationally.

My contract is up for renewal.

Is this lack of movement an indication that I should go back to Cox (after many years of terrific Verizon FIOS service)?

Are you telling me that I should consider a move to DISH?

0 Likes
PAC 12 Networks: Please Answer, don't merely re-file
bljusn1

FIOS remains the lone national provider which has not consummated a deal with the Pac 12 Networks.

Why not?

PAC 12 says they've made a fair offer, yet no viable response from Verizon. Verizon refuses to discuss dealings that are currently underway (yet no visible signs of communication/negotiation).

I renewed my contract...love the service...but can't understand why Verizon refulses to get a deal done.

Sadly, I'm not regretting my decision to renew my contract.

How about an honest, straightforward answer...and avoid the bureaucratic-speak answers.

Simple question...not worthy of re-filing to another thread...how about a simple answer???

0 Likes
Re: PAC 12 Networks: Please Answer, don't merely re-file
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couple of things:

1) This is apeer to peer support forum.

2) Everyone has their definintion of fair. Could be PAC12 beleives it is fair andVerizon doesn't

3) WOuldn't surprise me that pedning sale to Frontier for west coast subscribers has something to do with it as well.

0 Likes
Re: PAC 12 Networks: Please Answer, don't merely re-file
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You want to check if Frontier carries PAC 12*.  And if they don't you want to try and pursue convincing them to carry it.  Frontier already has FIOS in Washinton and Oregon.  And will take over California, Texas and Florida from Verizon next year.

*A quick check looks like the do have some PAC 12 national. and PAC 12 Oregon (in Oregon) m Pac 12 Washington (in Washington).

AND REMEMBER THESE FORUMS ARE PEER TO PEER.  The only Verizon people answering here are the admins and this is not the kind of thing they would ever answer.

0 Likes
Re: Pac 12 Network - Why Not??????
Petey21

I would like Pac 12 networks

0 Likes