Re: PAC12 programming on fiostv
charliewatts
Contributor - Level 2

There is NO HOLE in Verizon's lineup without the crummy Pac10 Network.  ALMOST NOBODY east of the Rockies cares.  Trust me .... VIRTUALLY NOBODY on the east coast cares ..... and certainly NOBODY CARES in the northeast.

This is an unnecessary channel, and Verizon senses that.  There are far too many sports channels as it is.  You have your regional sports channels  ... you have more ESPN's than you watch, you have NBC Sports, CBS Sports, NESN National, YES National ..........  and all those sports channels that start at channel 300 that you never watch now anyhow!!!!!!!!!!!!  Give it a break.  

NO MORE SPORTS CHANNELS ARE NEEDED

Maybe some of the many could be combined, than you wouldn't have so many hours and hours of games now that you don't watch now.  And **bleep**, when the season ends ... those channels are less than useless.

Only holes, if any, in Verizon's lineup is HD versions of many of the second tier channels.

0 Likes
Re: PAC12 programming on fiostv
HokieDave
Contributor - Level 2

If you are a college football fan, the PAC 12 network is important.  Sure, people who don't watch college football or college basketball aren't going to care ... just like those of us who don't watch British TV don't care about BBC America. 

Personally, I care about channels that show college football and I care about Fox Business and you could take the rest of it off the air and I wouldn't notice.

Re: New PAC-12 Sports Channel
shemps
Enthusiast - Level 1

For Verizon FIOS TV customers not have the Pac-12 Network available to them while Dish Network and Time Warner viewers is insulting to the point of being retarded. What's up Verizon? Didn't know it was coming? **bleep**! Looking up at my inactive dish bolted to my eaves and just shake my head. But HEY!!!!!!!!! I can sit here in SoCal and watch the Big Ten Network to my hearts content.

Re: Add Pac-12 Network
jtgolf
Enthusiast - Level 1

@jonezin wrote:

Pac-12 Network launches in Agust 2012, please add to the channel lineup. All the other cable providers are offering it.

It sure would be nice to have  Pac-12 Network, on Verizon... There are a lot of Pac-12 fans that would like to have  it on... Most other cable systems have it, why doesn't Verizon???????

Pac 12 Network
Ray92563
Enthusiast - Level 1

When will Verizon offer subscribers the Pac 12 Network and/or Lakers Network?

Re: Pac 12 Network
chaunce
Contributor - Level 1

Lakers are still up in the air.

Pac-12 they will never get. At least until next year. the most popular college sport(football) is almost halfway over and not a peep from verizon about it.  They aren't even negotiating for that anymore at this point.

Re: New PAC-12 Sports Channel
duckfan2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just spoke with customer service. They said they cannot comment, as negotiations are on goine...

I would much rather watch PAC- 12 than the BTN.

I will without question leave Verizon if they don't get it done before football starts.

PAC-12 Network
HBeachboy
Enthusiast - Level 2

When are we going to get the PAC-12 Network? No one is responding to our inquiries. This is not good customer service.

Pac-12 network, is it ever coming?
stephedr
Enthusiast - Level 1

While I understand that we as viewers are constantly passed on atrocious fees for channels i think that teh big picture should be realized.  SIngle team channels should be dropped (YES, Longhorn Network).  But those that bring a group of teams are better for a wider base (Big 10, Pac 12, SEC, MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA).  So when will verizon stop snubbing the west coast and get a deal worked out with the PAC 12 network.  My contract is up this fall.

Re: Pac-12 network, is it ever coming?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@stephedr wrote:

While I understand that we as viewers are constantly passed on atrocious fees for channels i think that teh big picture should be realized.  SIngle team channels should be dropped (YES, Longhorn Network).  But those that bring a group of teams are better for a wider base (Big 10, Pac 12, SEC, MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA).  So when will verizon stop snubbing the west coast and get a deal worked out with the PAC 12 network.  My contract is up this fall.

A lot depends on the DEAL that Verizon gets.  Some deals demand a fee for all customers at the same rate.  Some don't demand that they be shown in all markets, etc.   And some just plain want very high rates.

Verizon and these various Sports networks almost never reveal the details of any deal or negotiations.