PLEASE, BRING BACK DECADES!
Emacee1701

Decades is gone from FIOS, at least in the Philadelphia area.  The channel was provided as an over the air sub-channel or the CBS station.  Now, it's a sub-channel of ME-TV's affiliate but Verizon doesn't carry it.  They do carry ME and other sub-channels, just not Decades.  Bring it back.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: PLEASE, BRING BACK DECADES!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Local stations have 2 options:

1) They can invoke must carry. This allows them to specify the channel number and it must be carried. But they don't get paid for their content

2) Negotiate for carriage. This is what most if the larger stations do. They negotiate with cable providers as to what channel number, how much they will be paid (this is where local broadcast fees go) and what content will be carried.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can also reach out to the station that carries it and ask that they work with Verizon to carry.

it would probably need to be part of a contract negotiation

Dutch21
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, bring it back!! Twilight Zone marathon is today and can't see it. Not to mention that was a channel worth watching.

doh1
Enthusiast - Level 3

i thought over the air channels had to be carried, or is that an out dated thing?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Local stations have 2 options:

1) They can invoke must carry. This allows them to specify the channel number and it must be carried. But they don't get paid for their content

2) Negotiate for carriage. This is what most if the larger stations do. They negotiate with cable providers as to what channel number, how much they will be paid (this is where local broadcast fees go) and what content will be carried.

Zsa13

Yes please bring back DECADES, BATMAN , MAN FROM UNCLE,  GET SMART AND OTHER FUN SHOWS

0 Likes
HFFF1

Add my voice to the others to bring back Decades ASAP.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is mainly a peer to peer support forum.

Verizon does not respond to posts here.
As I stated earlier, have you tried reaching out to the local station that carries Decades in your area?

Try posting on their social media page.

If there is no local station in your area that carries Decades, then unfortunately, you are out of luck as Decades is not a cable channel.

Star21

Decades has very good programming, including the Honeymooners Lost Episodes, as well as many other nostalgic shows. Please bring Decades back to Verizon Fios.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you read the previous post?

Have you tried reaching out to the local channel in your area that carries Decades?

If there isn't one, then Verizon will not carry it in your area.