Re: Hide Show Names of Adult Titles for X Rated Programming Only
Vince100
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not saying Verizon should force anything on thier subscribers.  I'm not saying they should remove any programming.  I'm saying they should provide the tools so subscribers can make the choices that are right for them.

Verizon has not provided the tools.

(Ironicly, the TV rating system was created so parents had the tools to parent their children.)

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can understand that turning off and on Parental Controls is annoying but I find the easiest thing to do is select Hide Adult Info in the Advanced Settings.

Once that is done it will show Blocked Title in the Guide. Unfortunately it also blocks TV-MA. It’s very easy to turn on and off by hitting Options on the remote and OK on Parental Controls from there use can toggle on and off. 

Off of course requires the pin and you can select Turn off permanently or for 4 hours. 

0 Likes
Vince100
Enthusiast - Level 3

I appreciated the suggestions, but turning something on and off on a regular basis and continuously tracking whether or not it is on or off, is not really what users are asking for here.

They have the software programming in the cable box to block watching shows on a specific channel.  They have the programming to block the text describing specific kinds of programs.  Adding software programming to block the text on a specific channel would be an easy addition, that would satisfy a valid and long standing request.

Lucy221
Enthusiast - Level 2

The capabilities are absolutely available, this should not be technically difficult. I am trying to prevent my kids (or anyone in my house including me!) from seeing OBSCENE and very graphic, very descriptive titles. There are very few channels (3?4?) that offer this content. I should be able to opt-out if them entirely or turn off the titles without affecting or having to constantly turn on and off the content I want. It’s inane! 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately it comes down to cost.

I don't believe any provider offers that type of filtering.

Plus what happens when the content providers start to change their descriptions to skip the words people would most commonly filter on (like spam emails did when word filtering started up).

That's why ratings are done on content not descriptions.

Vince100
Enthusiast - Level 3

Agreed.  Filtering for words and themes in language would be hard.  But that's why I previously posted a very simple solution that would be a simple modification of existing features that already exist in the cable box.

The cable box can block watching shows on a specific channel. The cable box can block showing titles and descriptions based on rating.  Adding a feature to block the titles and descriptions on a specific channel would be an easy addition.

0 Likes
Vince100
Enthusiast - Level 3

To drive home the point.  The forum rules do not allow me to cut and paste the explicit and sexual language from the Verizon online channel guide into the forum.

However, this same language is allowed in the cable box without the proper tools to block it.   I'd like to be able to live by the same rules in my home that this forum has.

0 Likes
Lucy221
Enthusiast - Level 2

They now have an X category! In parental controls (advanced settings) you can block channels entirely (although one channel still appeared) and block titles rated X. It worked! 

Re: Parent Controls and Adult Channel Information
Mek11

I blocked the channels with a parental lock and the titles didn’t display anything in my guides.

0 Likes
Re: Parent Controls and Adult Channel Information
Mek11

I just locked the channels with a parental lock and that also blocked the titles in my guide. Hope this helps

0 Likes