quick menu

Parent Controls and Adult Channel Information

Parent Controls and Adult Channel Information

Contributor Vince100
Contributor
Message 21 of 23
(299 Views)

I'm not saying Verizon should force anything on thier subscribers.  I'm not saying they should remove any programming.  I'm saying they should provide the tools so subscribers can make the choices that are right for them.

Verizon has not provided the tools.

(Ironicly, the TV rating system was created so parents had the tools to parent their children.)

Silver Contributor V Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Message 22 of 23
(287 Views)

I can understand that turning off and on Parental Controls is annoying but I find the easiest thing to do is select Hide Adult Info in the Advanced Settings.

Once that is done it will show Blocked Title in the Guide. Unfortunately it also blocks TV-MA. It’s very easy to turn on and off by hitting Options on the remote and OK on Parental Controls from there use can toggle on and off. 

Off of course requires the pin and you can select Turn off permanently or for 4 hours. 

Contributor Vince100
Contributor
Message 23 of 23
(280 Views)

I appreciated the suggestions, but turning something on and off on a regular basis and continuously tracking whether or not it is on or off, is not really what users are asking for here.

They have the software programming in the cable box to block watching shows on a specific channel.  They have the programming to block the text describing specific kinds of programs.  Adding software programming to block the text on a specific channel would be an easy addition, that would satisfy a valid and long standing request.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios