Parental Controls
JohnLeite
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am attempting to set up the parental controls but can't find the feature that I have seen on other systems.  I would like to set up FIOS so that every time the TV is turned on,  a parental code has to be entered.  The only feature I can find requires me to constantly block and unblock all channels.  Am I missing something or has Verizon dropped the ball on this one?

Thanks.

John. 

0 Likes
Re: Parental Controls
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about the frustrations trying to setup the parental controls. I understand what you are trying to do, but the current settings will not allow this. If you block every channel, then every time you change the channel you have to put in the code. If you setup a time block of the entire day to repeat everyday, then when you unlock the TV it will stay unlock until the next day. Your idea of unlocking the channels with the pin until the unit is turned off again would be a perfect candidate for the Verizon Idea Exchange. Please search on the idea exchange and cast your vote. There may be another member who made the same suggestion. If not, please add a new idea so your fellow community members can comment and vote on your suggestion. http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideaexchange . The Verizon Idea Exchange is there for you to submit your ideas and suggestions to Verizon so that we can consider them as we innovate our products and services.

0 Likes