Re: Petitions to get MSNBC on FIOS!!
SIMARLOW1
Enthusiast - Level 3
I have MSNBC here in Staten Island...I hope Verizon has MSNBC HD at its launch.
0 Likes
TR-Tim
Enthusiast - Level 3
And yes, the regular STB gets it too.
0 Likes
skottey
Enthusiast - Level 2

@SIMARLOW wrote:
I have MSNBC here in Staten Island...I hope Verizon has MSNBC HD at its launch.

Bedmate: "Wake up, wake up, you were talking in your sleep."

SIMARLOW: "I had this dream, it was so real....FIOS gave us MSNBC HD at launch."

Bedmate: "oh, come now Simarlow, that was a dream..... when has FIOS ever given us anything at launch?"

SIMARLOW: "yeah, I guess you are right."

Bedmate: "Even when they had the rights in their contract to carry MLB TV HD on January 1 at its launch, as announced in their press release in the fall, they still didn't add it for weeks or months. Certainly not on day one."

SIMARLOW: "Awww, shucks, you are right."

Bedmate: "yeah, sorry. No MSNBC HD.... not unless they buck the trend and add a channel at launch for the first time ever. It'll probably come some day, but not on day one. Go back to sleep now."

SIMARLOW: "ok"

0 Likes
psumatt1
Contributor - Level 2
Sorry guys - most recent example - ESPNU-HD was added at launch last Fall.
0 Likes
skottey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fair enough.... you are right.

So we have concluded that it has happened once, as verified by wiki. ESPNU HD was launched by five providers, including FIOS. 

This was August of 2008 so the tea leaves were probably right to add this channel at launch since they were in the middle of that massive launch wiht all those extra channels. It just so happened to be the right time. 

But has it happened any other time? Even if it has, wouldn't they announce MSNBC HD launching and being on FIOS? I think they would. ESPNU had press releases announcing it coming. MSNBC started or starts the HD this month, right? June 09. There has been nothing said about it coming except for a few wishers. 

We all wish for channels to come to FIOS. 

0 Likes
SteveF
I want my MSNBC in HD! Hey it worked for MTV in the 80's.
0 Likes
lrsachs
Enthusiast - Level 3
Why not sing it, record a video and post it on Youtube.  (well, maybe not)....  Smiley Tongue
0 Likes
HDSports
Fox Business Channel was added both in SD  and HD at launch by FIOS as well..(Oct 15, 2007)
0 Likes
skottey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fox News HD.. (see below)

As for Fox Business Network in HD, I didn't have FIOS in 2007 when it launched but I know I had it day one through Bright house cable in SD and DirecTV in HD. Perhaps they did fire it up at FIOS on day one, but from the stations I have seen since subscrbing that have gone live, they have not added the channel on day one. 

MSNBC HD is live folks, and we don't have it. So my statement that we wouldn't be getting it on day one holds true *bows*

EDIT-... I guess nobody said Fox News HD, which began May 2008. We all know FIOS was way late adding that one and that has been the experience since I have had FIOS. Channels are never added day one.  

Message Edited by skottey on 07-10-2009 05:03 AM
0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner
Moved to create a new thread.
0 Likes