Phillies Game 9/18 - disappeared!
RBS33
My Phillies game on comcast sportsnet blacked out about 9:00.  The first call to tech support (I think it went to Vietnam) said that MLB blacked out the game.  The second call said the game was blacked out at first, but when I pressed for a manager to speak with, she said there was a problem with the line.  In neither case do I feel like anyone will try to do anything about it.
0 Likes
Re: Phillies Game 9/18 - disappeared!
deal

We had the same problem.  Will call tomorrow. You would think if more than 1 person is having this problem a lot of people would be. 

It is ridiculous that they could not get this corrected in an hour.

0 Likes
jlcts24
Same here.  I didn't call but I just read that someone who did was told that Comcast blacked out Verizon's feed.  fwiw.
0 Likes
deal
apparently it is back this morning.  hopefully it is just a hiccup. 
0 Likes
idad

I emailed comcast sports net and got the following reply

-------- Original Message --------

Subject: RE: Why did you block the game on Verizon Fios

Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 10:02:54 -0400

The black out of last night's Phillies game was a technical error on part of Verizon.  We are unsure of the details but you can contact Verizon for more information.  Thank you for your interst in Comcast SportsNet.
Ask CSN

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 9:58 PM
To: Askcsn
Subject: Why did you block the game on Verizon Fios

Why did you block the Phillies game on Verizon Fios?

0 Likes
Midnight33731

When I called Verizon tech support, I was told that Comcast blacked out the game due to low ticket sales.  Fine black it out for the home team, but not the visiting team.  I never heard of such a thing in baseball.

0 Likes