Philly channels for Central NJ
ChuckNJ
Enthusiast - Level 1
I live in very southern Middlesex County, NJ - about 10 minutes north of Trenton and less than 20 minutes from the legal border of the City of Philadelphia.  I can be in south Philly by car for a Phillies game in one hour flat traveling down I-95.  Yet, Verizon, I guess following Nielsen Media Research's definition of respective market areas views all of central NJ as a New York-only market.  I understand that a lot of people here commute every day by train to NYC (as many also do going south to Philly) and that there is interest here in New York sports teams - BUT - you just can't draw a black line as to where the New York market 'ends' and the Philly market 'begins' as we both are pretty well mixed in together in this part of the world.  This is especially critical for sports broadcasts - frankly, I need the Philly channels for my fill of Phillies, Flyers and Eagles.  Please note that Comcast does provide subscribers in my town (check their channel line up using zip code 08536 as your search critreria) with BOTH Philly and New York local channels - which as a great thing for any sports fan to have.  Thanks for your time.
0 Likes
Re: Philly channels for Central NJ
PaulieL
yea  i live in Trenton, NJ  fortunalty FIOS in my area carries all the sports channels(Comcast sportsnet)  if it didnt....i would still be with comcast digital.
0 Likes