Switch Account

Please add Aj Jazeera America news channel in HD

Please add Aj Jazeera America news channel in HD

Contributor JO-NJ
Contributor
Message 1 of 14
(3,841 Views)

Currently only the SD version of this important global news network is launching, and only in some markets. It appears to be a serious news channel. This network is well respected globally - it's often annoyed both the right and the left in the Islamic world; they seem dedicated to straight news reflecting all sides of discussions along the lines of the BBC. They've allocated vast resources to cover the US with 13 bureaus. They'll not allow right wing pundits like Fox, nor left wing pundits like MSNBC. It has journalists with good credentials. 'Seems worth sampling. It's hard to watch SD channels on the large screens of most US households - - Verizon appears to only be carrying SD...  Please ask Verizon programmers to include the HD feed of this network.

13 REPLIES 13
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I
Message 2 of 14
(3,824 Views)

Is Al Jazeera really a serious news network? I wonder...

"As Al Jazeera America launches Tuesday and aims to recruit more cable operators to broadcast the channel, its Qatar-based sister channel, Al Jazeera English, was caught over the weekend broadcasting images of a seemingly unconscious, gravely injured Muslim Brotherhood supporter who it turns out was most likely faking his injuries."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/20/on-week-of-u-s-launch-embarrassing-video-surfaces-showing...

Contributor maloderous
Contributor
Message 3 of 14
(3,800 Views)

No thanks. No need for an anti-American propaganda operation. 

Copper Contributor unix-kid
Copper Contributor
Message 4 of 14
(3,774 Views)

Doesn't seem like Al Jazeera is even streaming in HD on any provider. Hopefully they will do this soon. 

Copper Contributor benigngerm
Copper Contributor
Message 5 of 14
(3,763 Views)

They don't have an HD channel for the time being. 

@optivity wrote:

"As Al Jazeera America launches Tuesday and aims to recruit more cable operators to broadcast the channel, its Qatar-based sister channel, Al Jazeera English, was caught over the weekend broadcasting images of a seemingly unconscious, gravely injured Muslim Brotherhood supporter who it turns out was most likely faking his injuries."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/20/on-week-of-u-s-launch-embarrassing-video-surfaces-showing...

Amazing that you're being snide about Al Jazeera being a serious news network and yet you're sourcing theblaze.

Gold Contributor I
Gold Contributor I
Message 6 of 14
(3,691 Views)

@optivity wrote:

"As Al Jazeera America launches Tuesday and aims to recruit more cable operators to broadcast the channel, its Qatar-based sister channel, Al Jazeera English, was caught over the weekend broadcasting images of a seemingly unconscious, gravely injured Muslim Brotherhood supporter who it turns out was most likely faking his injuries."

Gee, sort of sounds like the Blaze

Copper Contributor sdkeller
Copper Contributor
Message 7 of 14
(3,640 Views)

Seriously, you're going to quote Glenn Beck's conspiracy site as proof of Al-jazeera's format?  What's next quoting Alex Jones?

Copper Contributor unix-kid
Copper Contributor
Message 8 of 14
(3,520 Views)

@sdkeller wrote:

Seriously, you're going to quote Glenn Beck's conspiracy site as proof of Al-jazeera's format?  What's next quoting Alex Jones?

Regarding Al Jazeera America's format, it's quite similar to BBC World News, but with a US focus, minus the British accents. People should give it a chance. 

Contributor seb8191
Contributor
Message 9 of 14
(2,969 Views)

Al Jazerra is one of the top news agency. Most US Intel agencies and US Military personnal will use Al Jazerra for open source information then any other news agency. It is a really good news network that provides the facts. No **bleep** like the Crappy News Network (CNN) 

Time for others in America to expand their horizons.

Contributor ofalution
Contributor
Message 10 of 14
(2,878 Views)

They should offer HD. It is extremely difficult to watch Fox, MSNBC, and CNN. They all say the same things every day. I have removed them from my favorites since I began watching al Jazeera. Thank you Verizon for offering this fresh content. Please, however, give it to us in HD! Thanks!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.