Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Please add TCM in HD!

Ravensfan78
Contributor
Contributor

Please add TCM in HD!

Message 1 of 4
(698 Views)

I know this topic has been discussed before, but I feel like it needs to be brought up again and again until Fios finally does something about it.. Why is there still no TCM in HD? Maybe you think SD is good enough because the majority of the movies are in black and white. But it’s not good enough! More and more classics are being remastered in HD and we  want to get to see those movies in the proper format... also, The SD channels do not fit the new TV screens properly and if we had access to TCM HD, it would remedy that... I doubt anything will be done, considering that people have been asking gor this for years, but I truly hope it does before I cancel my service...

3 REPLIES 3
M547
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Please add TCM in HD!

Message 2 of 4
(358 Views)

I agree. There’s no good reason not to have TCM in HD 

jkNYC
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(244 Views)

I agree! Turner Classic Movies also shows wonderful documentaries that have been produced in recent years and obviously look much better shown in HD.

I have FIOS for phone and Internet but keep Spectrum for Cable TV because it shows TCM in HD. I'm sure Verizon has cost me money by keeping me from triple-play pricing deals and that is infuriating. But TCM means so much to me that I'm willing to pay the extra $$. 

I've read complaints about this going back years and have yet to see a response from Verizon. The company just doesn't care about its customers.

Maggiethecat4
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(53 Views)

It's infuriating for sure with the monthly bills we pay. If you don't care about recording stuff on TCM, you might try my solution which is to watch the movies on the TCM app through Apple TV (I assume Roku, etc will work as well) You can watch live in HD, and of course "most" of the movies are made available on the app for a limited time after the original run date (usually a minimum of a week, some longer). I can't stand viewing it in SD so this has worked well for me.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title