Switch Account

Please help ASAP! Some HD channels are not working (please see video)

Please help ASAP! Some HD channels are not working (please see video)

SOLVED
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(7,396 Views)

Would appreciate some help asap.  Please view this video.

http://youtu.be/IdixuQz6QkU

Anyone know what this is?  It's only impacting a handful of HD channels (ESPN, ESPN, Comedy Channel, and a few others).

I have uplugged all cables, plugged them back in, reset the STB, tried auto-correct.  Nothing is working.  What am I missing?

Thank you!

Dan

3 REPLIES 3
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 4
(7,387 Views)

Perhaps check your splitter connection.  Or even a failing splitter.  Any barrels or wall plates?  Not sure where these channels are currently assigned, but they may be high frequencies.  What cable was used in your installation.  Old cable was usually rg-59.  These days rg-6, at least, is recommended.

Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(7,330 Views)

Thank you for the reply.  Connections are fine.  I don't know what cables we have but I will check.  Problem just started a few weeks ago.  The nstallation happended last July.  I will call a tech to come out.  Just wanted to make certain I wasn't missing something and hoping there was an easy fix. 

Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 4 of 4
(7,278 Views)

It turns out the problem had nothing to do with wires or splitters.  The Verizon tech was at my house yesterday and the ONT was failing.  He replaced part of the ONT and it fixed the problem (finally!).  At least I was able to watch the Celtics game last night. Smiley Happy

I have a Tellabs ONT.  Not sure the model but it's older like the ones in this thread.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r19982000-Mounting-board-for-612-ONT

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.