Switch Account

Possible to make non-HD channel switch to HD channel? (like 7 to 507)

Possible to make non-HD channel switch to HD channel? (like 7 to 507)

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(5,585 Views)

Hey, just got Fios installed this week and am liking it so far.

Quick question... I had Cablevision before this, and they had it set up so that if you put on an non-HD channel using an HD set top box, it automatically switched to the HD version of that channel.

Is there any way to make this happen with Fios? So like... if I put on 7, it would automtically change to 507.

Thanks in advance for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 4
(5,572 Views)

Welcome to FiOS, and welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately no. But if you will take the time to set up a Favorites list, if you haven't already done so, then you can at least somewhat minimize accidentally surfing to the SD channel by mistake. If you are interested in setting up a Favorites list, here is a link to a thread which should help you get started:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Exploiting-FiOS-TV-Favorites/td-p/9935

With my Favorites list I have all of the HD channels I care about included, and only those SD channels I am interested in that are not duplicated by HD channels. And I must admit, it is pretty rare that I ever watch any SD channel any more.....

Keller, TX 76248

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(5,555 Views)

Cool, thanks for the reply and the link. I'll check it out

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 4 of 4
(4,978 Views)

This is frustrating.  I've been with FiOS for 2 days now and this is a major feature I would have expected from this (admittedly) great service.  It doesn't seem like that much of a big deal to develop this for a future update.  Count me as a supporter for the original post.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.