Possible to make non-HD channel switch to HD channel? (like 7 to 507)
in10sity

Hey, just got Fios installed this week and am liking it so far.

Quick question... I had Cablevision before this, and they had it set up so that if you put on an non-HD channel using an HD set top box, it automatically switched to the HD version of that channel.

Is there any way to make this happen with Fios? So like... if I put on 7, it would automtically change to 507.

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Possible to make non-HD channel switch to HD channel? (like 7 to 507)
Justin46
Legend

Welcome to FiOS, and welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately no. But if you will take the time to set up a Favorites list, if you haven't already done so, then you can at least somewhat minimize accidentally surfing to the SD channel by mistake. If you are interested in setting up a Favorites list, here is a link to a thread which should help you get started:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Exploiting-FiOS-TV-Favorites/td-p/9935

With my Favorites list I have all of the HD channels I care about included, and only those SD channels I am interested in that are not duplicated by HD channels. And I must admit, it is pretty rare that I ever watch any SD channel any more.....

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Welcome to FiOS, and welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately no. But if you will take the time to set up a Favorites list, if you haven't already done so, then you can at least somewhat minimize accidentally surfing to the SD channel by mistake. If you are interested in setting up a Favorites list, here is a link to a thread which should help you get started:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Exploiting-FiOS-TV-Favorites/td-p/9935

With my Favorites list I have all of the HD channels I care about included, and only those SD channels I am interested in that are not duplicated by HD channels. And I must admit, it is pretty rare that I ever watch any SD channel any more.....

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
in10sity

Cool, thanks for the reply and the link. I'll check it out

0 Likes
MetalJR

This is frustrating.  I've been with FiOS for 2 days now and this is a major feature I would have expected from this (admittedly) great service.  It doesn't seem like that much of a big deal to develop this for a future update.  Count me as a supporter for the original post.

0 Likes