Problems Recording TV from computer
Jerry421

I'm a new subscriber and cannot get through for tech support  all day.  I am unable to record TV programs on my DVR from my computer when I am away.  I get one of two messages: "Bad Gateway" OR Set-top box is not responding."  Help!  

Also does Verizon really provide service. I have tried all day today to get help. I miss my cable provider!

Jerry

0 Likes
Re: Problems Recording TV from computer
vz_ric
Contributor - Level 1

I apologize for the inconvenience. Tech support is 24/7 so someone is always available. Be sure that when you call 800-Verizon (837-4966) that you hit the prompts for tech support and NOT billing or customer service. They are not 24/7 and you think tech support is closed. If you continue being misdirected or disconnected, next time say "I don't have it", when prompted for a telephone number. Are you still having the same issue setting up recordings online?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I'll let you know that the over the phone support for that is hit and miss, and I don't know if it was luck of the draw or anything, but I got REALLY GREAT support on the remote DVR thing from a online chat support guy.   

Give them a try 

http://www22.verizon.com/content/ContactUs/

Also, make sure that you are using the same username as the one you use at www.myverizon.com   if you can't log in and see your bill with that userrname, then you probably won't be able to see your DVR's. 

Also try rebooting your home router, and then after the internet light comes back up - reboot your home cable box / STB

and then try it again. 

if not I would do the chat support, I haven't had good luck with the over the phone tech's for that issue. 

0 Likes
ayrdale

I get a "bad gateway" message when I try to record a program from the schedule on my TV

0 Likes
bevross
Contributor - Level 1

Same problem here!  Either "Bad gateway" or "Not responding" (it's worked pretty well in the past).  Rebooting the STB hasn't helped.  Researching this problem via searching the forum has not yielded solutions.  Wish someone from Verizon would respond to this post -- say, listing steps for trying to resolve this.  I have seen, though, some people get resolution via Verizon tech support doing something on their end.  Hesitant to try that but may do that after the hurricane and expected power outages are over.

0 Likes
bevross
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks to Irene, I powered off the router (for 8 hours!).  When power came back up I let the router boot first then, an hour later, plugged the TV & STB back in -- still don't get a response from the online FIOS scheduling -- it can't talk to the STB. Wonder what to do next.

0 Likes
Ila_Lee

HOW DO I RECORD PROGRAMS ON MY TV

0 Likes
tkdmmk

Ditto here.  I'll try calling tech support, but I'd bet if Verizon were to simply post the procedures to fix "Bad Gateway" errors, it'd cut down on the postings.  For one of you who corrected the problem with Verizon Tech Support, can you post the fix for the rest of us?

0 Likes
tkdmmk

All,

I corresponded (private emails) then discussed with the Verizon rep, Shamika, and she fixed the problem very quickly.  I had already power-cycled the router and STB, then I had the Verizon automatic help agent reset my STB, then I ran the in-home agent, all to no avail.  I  belive you'll need to contact Tech Support and have them reset your port assignments.  If you have problems with the web-based process after the ports are reset/reassigned, then recommend deleting your cookies, logging out of IE 8 / IE 9 completely, then go back in and reaccomplish the recording request.  I'm good to go here, but it did take Verizon intervention.  Shamika was great.

0 Likes