vze2mp9g
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I just purchased a LCD TV, this is the info:

Brand:  Panasonic   LCD TV

Model:  TC-L32C3

Serial:  MQ11380494

Manufactured:  May 2011

I have tried Band code 279 and it doesn't work. The I tried pressing and holding the <OK> and <FiOS TV> together, then I released them. The RED LED light blinked twice and it stayed on.Then I pressed and held the side ways left key for twenty minuets. The RED LED light blinked every second. Then I exited the programming and came to this forum to see if anyone has a similiar problem with this brand/make and model LCD TV.

I would appreciate any and all assistance concerning this matter.

Thank You.

David

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Programming FiOS Remote TV
vze2mp9g
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vze2mp9g wrote:

@tns_2 wrote:

Doesn't sound like you followed the full instructions</p.

Let's try using the Search for Code function on your remote.

1. Make sure that your device is powered ON
2. Press and Hold the TV button and the FiOS TV button simultaneously.
3. The device buttons will blink twice. Release both buttons.
4. Point the remote at your TV and Press the upper part of the Play button on the remote (do not release)
5. The remote will automatically try and find a code that works for your TV
6. When the TV turns off, Release the Play button immediately.
7. During this search process, you may not be able to release the Play button fast enough. Simply just press the Ch+ button or Ch- button to go forward or backward one TV code at a time
8. Test all of the buttons to ensure that they work as expected. If not, Simply just press the Ch+ button or Ch- button to go forward or backward one TV code at a time
9. When you are done testing press the OK button to save your settings.

Are you now able to control your TV with your FiOS Remote?

Unfortunately no. While I was holding down the top of the PLAY button, as illustrated above, the red light went off and then certain buttons (white) blinked twice and that was the end. I am unable to controle the LCD TV with the FiOS remote.

Can you come up with a solution?

Thank You Again.

David

Thank you again, but the old way worked. I had to hold down the 2 and OK TV buttons at onece. Then type in 9 5 5 to erase the old settings / setting it back to the factory settings. Then I was able to hold down the 0 and OK buttons, then type in 2 7 9 and I pushed the CHANNEL button twice and it turned off my LCD TV.

THEN I decided to hold the 2 and OK buttons, then type in 9 7 7 then push the TV button (the one on the TOP RIGHT) and now I just have the push the TV button to turn on/off bothe the TV AND the SET TOP BOX at the same time. "When it rains, it pours.".

Thank you for being patient with me. If I did it yesterday without posting anything, I would not have tried the "Advanced" feature of the remote.

THANK YOU!!!!   🙂 🙂 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

4. Point the remote at your TV and Press the upper part of the Play button on the remote (do not release)
7. During this search process, you may not be able to release the Play button fast enough. Simply just press the Ch+ button or Ch- button to go forward or backward one TV code at a time
8. Test all of the buttons to ensure that they work as expected. If not, Simply just press the Ch+ button or Ch- button to go forward or backward one TV code at a time

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Turn on your TV and STB

Press and hold 0 and OK until the red light lights up

Press 279

Depress the channel up button with about a 5 second pause each time you press it until the TV shuts off.

Press the OK button and your done.

0 Likes
vze2mp9g
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Telcoguru wrote:

Turn on your TV and STB

Press and hold 0 and OK until the red light lights up

Press 279

Depress the channel up button with about a 5 second pause each time you press it until the TV shuts off.

Press the OK button and your done.

Okay, I did that and after 20-30 times, all the buttons on the remote blinked two times, and the red light was off. I did it again, waited 10 seconds, with the same results.

I was really hopeing that this was it, but it wasn't meant to be. Can you research the code for the brand/make model LCD TV and take it from there? I would appreciate any and all suggestions concerning this matter.

Thank You Again.

David

0 Likes
vze2mp9g
Enthusiast - Level 2

@tns_2 wrote:

Unfortunately no. While I was holding down the top of the PLAY button, as illustrated above, the red light went off and then certain buttons (white) blinked twice and that was the end. I am unable to controle the LCD TV with the FiOS remote.

Thank You Again.

David

0 Likes
vze2mp9g
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vze2mp9g wrote:

@tns_2 wrote:

Thank You Again.

David

Thank you again, but the old way worked. I had to hold down the 2 and OK TV buttons at onece. Then type in 9 5 5 to erase the old settings / setting it back to the factory settings. Then I was able to hold down the 0 and OK buttons, then type in 2 7 9 and I pushed the CHANNEL button twice and it turned off my LCD TV.

THEN I decided to hold the 2 and OK buttons, then type in 9 7 7 then push the TV button (the one on the TOP RIGHT) and now I just have the push the TV button to turn on/off bothe the TV AND the SET TOP BOX at the same time. "When it rains, it pours.".

Thank you for being patient with me. If I did it yesterday without posting anything, I would not have tried the "Advanced" feature of the remote.

THANK YOU!!!!   🙂 🙂 🙂

0 Likes