Programming for local area in zip code 19966
sportfisher
Why is it that The Weather Channel broadcasts localweather for Philadelphia, PA rather than the Delmarva peninsula? Also, why are most of the advertisers on many of the cable channels businesses in the Philadelphia area rather than local advertisers in our area. When I had cable TV, the Weather Channel local broadcasts and cable advertisers were actually LOCAL.
0 Likes
Re: Programming for local area in zip code 19966
Keyboards
Master - Level 3
Because of the distribution model for FiOS versus cable.  Cable has many head ends in various locations (coax can't be used over the greater distances that fiber can) allowing more local insertion of advertisements as well as local weather.  As of now, Verizon can only do this from the VHO level - which in your case (and mine) is Philly (even though I'm in Central Bucks County PA and have different weather than Philly also).
0 Likes
sportfisher

Verizon should work on correcting this. It makes their service look a bit shoddy.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@sportfisher wrote:

Verizon should work on correcting this. It makes their service look a bit shoddy.

I agree.  They ultimately need to get this at the CO level which would be more accurate for any given area.

You might want to try the weather widget as that can be set for your specific zip code.  It gives current conditions on the initial screen and 7 day by pressing the "OK" button.  By pressing the "C" button (on the bottom of your remote) from the 7 day you can get an hour by hour forcast and another press of the "C" button will get you a local (really regional) radar.  Not as good as true Local on the 8's from TWC, but better than nothing.

0 Likes