Question about modifying TV plan thruout year (i.e. adding/dropping HBO, changing HD package, etc.)
cnelson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Verizon Fios TV users:

I'm considering switching from D*tv. 

I like the flexibility of being able to modify my account month to month based on my needs and viewing habits.   For most of the year I'd likely be happy with the Tier 1 (HD Prime) package, but during some months I might like to upgrade to Tier 2 (HD Extreme).  Is it possible to upgrade, and more importantly, is it possible to go back to the original plan?

The same question apples for HBO?  If I want to add/drop it 2 or 3 times throughout the course of the year is that easy to do?

How are modifications made to one's service/plan?  Anyone have success doing this?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Question about modifying TV plan thruout year (i.e. adding/dropping HBO, changing HD package, et
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Since HBO is an add-on, you should be able to add or drop on a whim.

As for the tier of service, it would depend if you are on a bundle with an ETF (early termination fee) or strictly month to month.  If you are on a bundle, then upgrading is not an issue (other than it usually starts a new clock on the ETF) BUT I believe downgrading would be considered breaking the bundle and you could incur an ETF.

Not absolutely positive as I have only upgraded my bundle.

0 Likes
Re: Question about modifying TV plan thruout year (i.e. adding/dropping HBO, changing HD package, et
EEEEEE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Premium movie channels like HBO, Cinemax, etc have a one month minimum.  That is to prevent someone from ordering it just to see a boxing match and then cancelling it the next day. 

I can't say for sure about the rest of the upgrading/downgrading, but my thoughts lean towards no if you are in a bundle.  If you are in a month to month plan then you should be able to make all the changes you want, but of course that will be more expensive since you wouldn't be receiving a bundle discount.

0 Likes
richardnyjets

I would to cancel hbo, cinemax

0 Likes
lit2

I want to downgrade my service from premium to something with less channels.   I now have the HBO, etc. for three months.  I will drop them after the three months but I do not need all the other channels.

0 Likes
steven113
Contributor - Level 3

same here i would cancel Showtime, please add Epix 2 please!!!

0 Likes