Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Recorded 1 hour show just stops playing at about 8 minutes

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Recorded 1 hour show just stops playing at about 8 minutes

Message 1 of 4
(859 Views)

Just started FIOS service on 6/29.

Want to say up front that my DVR shows as 0% full, only have about 5 or 6 shows recorded right now. Recorded Army Wives on Lifetime on Sunday, started playback and show stopped playing, went back to show description in the menu at about 8 minutes. All the "chapters" show up, but when I choose a chapter past the stop point, it has no effect. When I try to FF or jump past the stop point, show just stops and returns to the menu at the stop point.

I initiated an online chat, the rep reset the box swearing that I would not have the problem ever again. Show still does not play.

Prior to this, some recorded shows had "stutters" where playback would freeze for a second or three, playback would resume and the 3 seconds were lost.

Sounds like a hard drive issue in the DVR?

3 REPLIES 3
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Recorded 1 hour show just stops playing at about 8 minutes

Message 2 of 4
(851 Views)

Possibility of other problems, but yes, most likely, a failing hard drive in the DVR.

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(832 Views)

Happened to a 2nd recorded show. Got about 8 1/2 min in and froze, no FFing past that point and chapters showed up as "Thumbnail not available" on all. Yikes.

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(812 Views)

Called Verizon support on this issue. Went through the VRU resetting the DVR, no joy. Got to a real person who also tried the DVR reset. Found that if I started FFing the 2nd recorded show before the "freeze" point, it would get past it, but would lose about 4 min of the show. Verizon rep agreed this was probably a hard drive going bad on the DVR. New DVR being sent out.

Stay tuned for quality report on the replacement DVR.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.