Switch Account

Recording

Contributor PoohRules
Contributor
Message 1 of 9
(4,980 Views)

I just got Verizon TV. How do I use my remote to record a program?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Message 2 of 9
(4,933 Views)

@PoohRules wrote:

I just got Verizon TV. How do I use my remote to record a program?

Using your remote, scroll to a program that you want to record, then press the red (rec) button

down on the right side of your remote.

Contributor PoohRules
Contributor
Message 3 of 9
(4,927 Views)

Thanks for your response, but I need to know how to set up the DVR to record a program in advance. I wish Verizon had a manual that I could look at.

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 4 of 9
(4,923 Views)

Go to the guide.  Find the show you want to record.  Press the red button. DONE.

Also, if you go to the on-screen menu and down to HELP there are videos that explain most of the functions of the Verizon boxes (including the DVR).

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 5 of 9
(4,871 Views)

I find it easier to do this online.  First you have to enable web access on the DVR --

Menu button/Settings/Remote DVR Access/Web Access

Once this is done, you can do lots of things online -- set up favorites, browse TV listings & schedule recordings

This page shows the listings --
https://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/members/TVListings.aspx

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 6 of 9
(4,862 Views)

You can go to support.verizon.com and find a lot of support information.

For example, the link below will bring you to specifics about the 7216 STB. 

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Receivers/Equipment+Issues/QuestionsOne/124794.htm

There is a section on how to set up a recording and how to set up a series recording.

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 7 of 9
(4,835 Views)

@bevross wrote:

I find it easier to do this online.  First you have to enable web access on the DVR --

Menu button/Settings/Remote DVR Access/Web Access

The OP asked how to record from his / her remote, hence my original answer.  Didn't want to complicate things for someone who is obviously a newbie and not necessarily a techie Smiley Wink

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Message 8 of 9
(4,705 Views)

@PoohRules wrote:

Thanks for your response, but I need to know how to set up the DVR to record a program in advance. I wish Verizon had a manual that I could look at.

I got a manual when they installed our FiOS. Maybe you can request one from your local Verizon FiOS store?

or try printing out this pdf document :

http://www22.verizon.com/nroneretail/nr/rdonlyres/0d93f875-4498-460f-8fc4-a15d519b4e7c/0/welcomekitr...

Good luck!

Contributor angeloy
Contributor
Message 9 of 9
(3,145 Views)

How to use my remote record a future program.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.