Remote DVR Access Bad Gateway
rdhughes

Can anyone help me with this? I'm getting Bad Gateway when I try to access Remote DVR on the website. Help!?

0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR Access Bad Gateway
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello,

Have you tried to reset your router and power cycled your Set Top Boxesx? Also under STB Diagnostics from the main menu which protocol is listening?

I can help you further if you still need assistance, I sent you a PM.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
UKinTX

I am experiencing the same problem.  This appears to be pretty common.  Talked to agent earlier - reset - unplugged - etc.  Still not working.  I also have another common problem - multi room DVR viewing from secondary STB fails on occasion, saying "unable to locate hub".  HOW CAN I GET THESE FIXED???????

0 Likes
rljak99

I'm having the same trouble with "Bad Gateway" when trying to access DVR from website.  I haven't not seen any public answers to this issue.  What is the solution?

0 Likes
haviru
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here.  Haven't seen this problem in several months but since it has popped up again with several of us, I have to think it's a Vz caused failure and not your own individual hardware/software.  I am able to view the All Channels online but the Bad Gateway rears its ugly head when I try to access either of the Favorites selections.  That's my experience FWIW.

0 Likes
haviru
Enthusiast - Level 3

Let me first outline my starting configuration.  I had a 6416 DVR on IP address 192.168.1.105.  In the Actiontec router, this was set up in the firewall port forwarding rules as follows:

Networked Computer/Device     Protocols                         WAN Connection Type                            Status

Application

192.168.1.105:63145                  UDP Any -> 63145          Broadband Connection (Coax)            Active

192.168.1.105:8082                     TCP Any -> 35000          Broadband Connection (Coax)            Active

(By the way, anyone know what the TCP port 8082 -> 3500x forwarding is?)

Here is what has worked for me to get web access to my DVR working:

1.) In the Actiontec router, using the firewall/Port Forwarding screen there is a pull down at the top with which to specify an IP address manually.  I used that to input the IP address of my new 7232 DVR.

2.) In the pull down next to it, labelled "Application to Forward", I selected "Custom Ports".

3.) At this point, several more Drop-Downs appear.  For protocol, I selected "UDP".

4.) I left "Source Port" at "Any".

5.) I set "Destination Port" one higher than the old DVR - I used 63146 for this new one.

6.) I set "WAN Connection Type" to "Broadband Connection (Coax)"

7.) I set "Forward to Port" to 63145.

8.) Click "Apply".

A new entry appeared under applied rules:

Networked Computer/Device     Protocols                         WAN Connection Type                            Status

Application

192.168.1.106:63145                  UDP Any -> 63146          Broadband Connection (Coax)            Active

Voila !  I was then able to access my DVR from the Verizon Web Page.

Now all I need to do is figure out how to get Caller ID working.  My STB's keep saying I have to subscribe to caller ID service (which I have for several years).  One of the Verizon techs last night said it was because I have/had IOBI service on that line (which was supposed to have been discontinued June 4, according to Verizon).

0 Likes
Saladboy
Enthusiast - Level 2

This used to happen quite frequently for me.  There were days on end that I couldn't access this feature at all and got  the bad gateway message.    Now it happens much less often (around once a week), but when it does it usually clears itself up in a short while without anything done by me.  I simply try again a little while later.  Frustrating because we should be able to use this feature whenever we want (subject to the occasional issue which is a fact of life with this kind of stuff).  Bottom line, it happens less frequently for me but when it does it gets fixed without anything done by me.  Wish I knew why though. 

0 Likes
haviru
Enthusiast - Level 3

II'm still down.  Last time this happened (last year with 1.8) I worked with Anthony to solve the problem.  I'll run through the settings, etc to jog my memory as to what needs fixing.  Let you know.

0 Likes
BDSou812
Enthusiast - Level 3

I used to get the problems but I'd just call support and ask for a box reset and port re-mapping!! Up and running in minutes!Smiley Happy

0 Likes