Remote DVR on Website not working
Postman03
Enthusiast - Level 2

I thought I'd log my own topic to see if maybe I could get some help.  I am getting bad gateway; box not responding messages when trying to access my 2 HD set top boxes.    Accessing these remote via My Verizon used to work fine until the new menu appeared?  Or at least that's the only change I can think of since the last time I used it.

I followed help instructions under the help menu on the website and did the self diagnostics tests on the boxes.  Everything is fine there.  

I checked my actiontec router and the port forwarding is disabled for the target boxes IP addresses... I don't see how to delete these rules and reestablish them.  I tried the enable and reset commands.   I'm not really sure what information to use to attempt to setup any custom port forwarding rules...

Maybe I can get some private message help like the other 2 posts I found here? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Remote DVR on Website not working
Postman03
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mike says he had to remap my DVR's...  everything is working fine now...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Postman03,

I have sent you a private message to collect more information to resolve this issue.

Thanks

0 Likes
Postman03
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mike says he had to remap my DVR's...  everything is working fine now...

0 Likes
John21144

how do you remap? I have the same problem ..

Set-Top Box - 000004451671xxxx is not responding.  or bad gateway

0 Likes
TeddyP1

Verizon called to confirm that I was set up to use Remote DVR on Website.  It is not working; I'm getting the message: "set top box 0000308118646119 is not responding." 

The support page, when I click on "contact us" or any other option, asks for my zipcode, then does nothing.

0 Likes
Mark-VA

We are having the same problem.  Keep getting message like "bad gateway", "box not responding" when I try to access my DVR on the website.  I have never successfully been able to find my DVR using the Internet.  I would be interested to know what Mike at Verizon did to fix.

0 Likes
spillmaj
I'd like to know too! When I go to the website to record it's saying my box is set for remote accses
0 Likes
MrSoul
Enthusiast - Level 3

Include me as an unhappy FIOS customer. I get the same messages - bad gateway or Set-Top Box  is not responding. The website mentions resetting the set top box but nowhere does it say whether or not this will erase all recorded content. This problem seems widespread enough that verizon should just fix it. I dumped Cablevision when they wouldn't fix an internet problem and they want me back badly. I'd hate to go back but if this problem persists I may take their sweetheart deal. 

Geez, their spellchecker doesn't recognize DVR or FIOS and I expect them to be able to help me? 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Trying to record remotely and I am getting bad gateway message.  I used to be able to record remotely until we got a new DVR and now haven't been able to since.  Can anyone help me?

0 Likes
steven113
Contributor - Level 3

allow more time for recording sports events and dont break up a 3 hr show into 1 hr for 3 times

0 Likes