Remote DVR on website doesn't work after switching to new DVR
SonicBoom1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The website remote DVR interface stopped working after I switched out my DVR for the new 500gb model.  Depending on which page I'm viewing, the error will be something like "Bad gateway", "Set-top box is not responding", or "We are unable to process your request."

I made sure that Remote DVR was enabled under Settings in the menu.  I performed the diagnostic self-test and it told me that Listener 1 started successfully.  I tried power cycling the router and DVR, but that didn't fix it.  I checked my router settings and it looks like the network address of the DVR changed when I replaced it.  There's at least one port forwarding rule that is now wrong: UDP Any -> 63145 has the old network address.  I've read about this in other posts on the forum.  Since this rule cannot be edited, I tried to get a representative to help me via live chat.  I asked if they could remap my ports.  However it seemed like I knew more about the problem than the rep I was talking to, and she wasn't able to resolve the problem before my connection randomly cut out and I was disconnected from chat.

This has been an extremely frustrating experience.  I waited FOREVER to speak with someone from Verizon and then didn't even get the issue resolved.  I'm really hoping a Verizon rep familiar with this problem will find this post and help me out.  Or if anyone else has any other ideas on how to fix this, I'd like to hear them.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Remote DVR on website doesn't work after switching to new DVR
SonicBoom1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Problem resolved by Mike_VZ remapping my DVR.  Thank you very much for the help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry for the issue with remote DVR.  I have sent you a private message to acquire more information so I may assist you further.

Thanks

0 Likes
SonicBoom1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Problem resolved by Mike_VZ remapping my DVR.  Thank you very much for the help.

0 Likes
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

I glad I was able to resolve the problem with remote DVR feature for you.

Thanks for choosing Verizon!

0 Likes
Postman03
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem resolved but we dont' get to learn anything from it?

0 Likes
vaswim

wish someone would contact me, I can no longer interface with the web site to record programs to my DVR.

0 Likes
WillG1
Mike,

I am having the same issue. Can you help me also?

Thanks

William
0 Likes
joko1425

Can someone please conactt me too or post the fix for this?  I'm having the same exact issue, thanks.,

0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR on website doesn't work bad gateway
kdygert

Mike, can you help me remap the ports needed for my set top box?

0 Likes
MRF123
Enthusiast - Level 2

mike --

please, PLEASE, help me with this.

I have 2 hd-dvrs abd can access none of them with my Mac (OS X 10.7.2) and your software:  homeagent and etc.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Likes