Rent/Buy for film does not allow me to Rent On Demand

Rent/Buy for film does not allow me to Rent On Demand

Highlighted
Contributor barrianne
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(3,031 Views)

Hi all,

I've browsed to Star Trek Beyond in order to rent, where it says, Rent/Buy, but when you click through there's only the option to buy (?).  Is there a glitch? Been like this for weeks now.

3 REPLIES 3
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 2 of 4
(3,016 Views)

Some films are only available for sale at first.

I can't say about this one, but I have checked others before and they are usually only for sale on any streaming service.

Will be for recent eventually.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 3 of 4
(2,996 Views)

@barrianne wrote:

Hi all,

I've browsed to Star Trek Beyond in order to rent, where it says, Rent/Buy, but when you click through there's only the option to buy (?).  Is there a glitch? Been like this for weeks now.

This is a common occurance, the movie is availble for purchase BEFORE it comes out on Blu Ray but you will not be able to rent it until it is released on Blu Ray on November 1st. 

It's not a glitch, it's the way it works, you can buy the movies before thier release date but they are NOT available for rental until thier release date.

Contributor dobbs
Contributor
Message 4 of 4
(1,905 Views)

If the movie is currently being shown on a premium channel, you can't rent it.  I don't like it, but that's how Fios works.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.