Restrict adult titles
diverjp
Is there a way to restrict the adult titles only without restricting the TV-MA titles? There are alot of TV-MA shows that I want to appear in the menu but cant. Basically I want to not have the PPV adult channels viewable. Alot of the titles are very descriptive
0 Likes
Re: Restrict adult titles
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

No, unfortunatly the "parental controls" use the ratings systems. TV-MA is supposed to mean basically "mature content". But the television association that assigns these ratings uses this as a catch all for anything that has violence, sex, language, etc. Not all are created the same.

Several cable companies are talking about modifying these with additional letters... like  TV-MA-V for violence or TV-MA-S for sexual content, etc. I dont know if they got that off the ground yet or not but I dont think Verizon is one of those....yet.

0 Likes
dkw197
Contributor - Level 1
I'd also like to ask Verizon to do something about all the very descriptive adult titles that are everywhere. They've categorized the search by content feature so much that the last time I tried to search "movies," 99% of what was listed is adult movies--with very descriptive titles. I used to search for movies this way all the time, but something has definately changed. Why don't they just create an additional category that only contains the adult movies and then you can access them if you want to but don't have to see the titles if you don't? That would be a simple solution--just don't intermingle them with anything else. What is the best way to contact Verizon about this?--something really needs to happen.
0 Likes
psumatt1
Contributor - Level 2

I LOVE the titles of the movies on Hot Choice (1005).

My buds and I crack up laughing for 10 minutes....it's like free entertainment. 

0 Likes