Re: Rotten Tomatoes
Rich_H1

Another update.  I have noticed that one day the RT ratings are thereband the next day they not. I have seen this happen over several days since my last post. I don’t know what’s going on and I don’t think Verizon does either!!

0 Likes
Thebobo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yep same here btw I wouldnt belive anyone

When Are we going to get this service back or a firm word about it.

0 Likes
Rich_H1

Well, this post may be a little late but it seems that RT ratings are permantenly back!!  I have no idea why they were dropped.  Then intermitantly were restored.  But about a month ago they came back and stayed!!  Perhaps it got around to a bug priority for them?

So that's that.  Anyone still have a problem?

0 Likes
Re: Rotten Tomatoes rating no longer available on guide
desesor26

I found out that I would have to pay EXTRA (another $ package!) to get Rotten Tomatoes back! They are constantly getting rid of stuff that I now have to pay more for to get it back!!! Seriously thinking COMCAST!

0 Likes
Rich_H1

Verizon is a little confused with RT ratings in their software development. I now have RT back. It disappeared for a few days last week and is again back full time. I am not sure if that is also your experience but it comes and goes periodically. I always feel it’s just a lack of testing new releases. 

As for for customer service at Verizon - they really don’t have a clue on this issue. They just try to upgrade your service as an answer. 

0 Likes
Dawud08

It was stupid anyway. So many movies that were given low ratings by both R.T. critics, and the general public were actually quite good, and didn’t deserve the ratings they got. Vice versa, a lot of films that got very high ratings from either were absolute garbage. Plus I found the ratings to be very racist as well. For instance, the movie “US” by Jordan Peele, was given a very high rating by critics, (a 98%, if I’m not mistaken), yet was given a 74% by the general public. Now a lot of people would say “that’s not racism, that’s just preference!”, which is also true, however when every single movie with a black cast who isn’t shooting up their own neighborhood, or selling drugs, or just “being bad”, gets the tipped over popcorn box, it starts to ask the question of “relatability or resentment”! They’re gone. Good riddance, and ‘nuff said! ✌🏾

0 Likes
Dawud08

Now they’re back!!! 😩

0 Likes
Publius2

I messaged FIOS on Facebook objecting to the elimination of Rotten Tomatoes ratings and noting that Xfinity offers them. Suggest everyone with FB who wants the ratings back to so the same. I got a human response and a promise to relay my complaint. Better than nothing.

0 Likes
Publius2

Lo and behold, they’re back!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes