Re: SEC Network not in HD?
BoostHungry
Enthusiast - Level 2
Hubrisnxs, that's incorrect. I tried on both my Xbox One and my Fire TV, the Auburn vs Arkansas game today was not available. It was available on my phone though.

I don't think all the Watch ESPN apps are up to date regarding SEC Network support.
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

do you have chromecast or apple tv,  you should be able to push it to the tv in HD that way.

for 30 bux I would go get a chrome cast. 

But I was going off of the FAQ at the watchespn website, and you're right they might not have it all updated, but according to their website they do.

Heres the email i recieved in response to this exact question espn when i asked on August 20th

"Thank you for contacting us.

We apologize for the confusion. WatchESPN for Roku, AppleTV, Xbox and AmazonFireTV should all be receiving an update to include the SEC Network sometime this week. We were given 8/20/2014 as the date this should occur, however, updates usually happen on devices like this in 'waves' so it may not be updated immediately across the board. If you have not received an update by the middle of the week please let us know so that we research the issue further.

For live assistance with this or any other issue, please call Customer Care at 1-888-549-3776 (ESPN) between 8:00 am and 1:00 am EST.

Regards"
0 Likes
BoostHungry
Enthusiast - Level 2

Second week in a row I can't watch a Top 10 team in HD... Alabama is on the SEC Network this week and I'm stuck watching it in Standard Def.  This is extremely frustrating in a day and age where I can download a 3.6 GB game in 10 minutes but I can't watch a simple football game at a resolution that allows me to read the scoreboard.  

0 Likes
sonofbuck

I am with you BoostHungry. Here I am watching in SD, though every article I have read about Verizon & SEC Network states games in HD & SD. What gives Verizon? Where is Channel 575?

0 Likes
crimsontide2
Enthusiast - Level 1

SECN in SD is insulting.  It's like watching Pong.  It's the premiere league in college sports.  College football is the third most popular sport and closing on MLB for #2 behind the NFL. Maybe the boring B1G would be better in SD.  Swap them.  

Verizon received a stay of termination but I will leave if SECN is not offered in HD soon.  Comcast and Direct TV have it and it's easy & CHEAPER to switch.  

Get with it or I'm gone

0 Likes
Re: No SEC Channel in HD?
Devinger
Do you know this from experience? I'm in MD and watchespn says I'm not authorized to stream SEC network?
0 Likes