Re: SEC Network
AndyCTX

Still no news on the SEC network with FIOS?   I don't want to miss some great games this fall. I will give it another month or so then look into the contract termination fee.   FIOS tv really isnt THAT much better than other alternatives.

0 Likes
furnitureguy

It is time for Vz to inform their customers as to their intentions on this channel. For a company that specializes in communications, they are terrible at communicating with the subscribers.

0 Likes
rwwjr65

Just called Vz and they have no idea as of this writing...  For what its worth, they quoted me $130 for Early Term... 

0 Likes
MaxGator

I think that Verizon will find an uprising from its customers if it doesn't offer the SEC network.

This is not covering one school like longhorn.    This dwarfs the longhorn network.  The South is very passionate about college football and other college sports.  

I can tell you that not carrying it is going to drive SEC sports fans away in droves to someone who does carry it.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@MaxGator wrote:

I think that Verizon will find an uprising from its customers if it doesn't offer the SEC network.

This is not covering one school like longhorn.    This dwarfs the longhorn network.  The South is very passionate about college football and other college sports.  

I can tell you that not carrying it is going to drive SEC sports fans away in droves to someone who does carry it.

Don't bet on it.

0 Likes
uaphan
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon needs to tell us if they are even in negotiations with the SEC Network, at least some news would be nice. I'm hoping they don't decide to just offer it to SEC markets and will offer it to all of their customers. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They have said they were in negotiations.

However don't expect them to settle for agreement for the reported $1.30/.25 price. 

0 Likes
Malcolm11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have contacted them and all I get in response is some **bleep** about how they are working on it, or some other lame excuse.  I have told them that unless they carry the SEC network, that it will be a "deal breaker" for me, and I'm "outta here".   It is very frustrating, and unless I get some good news from them, I'll just cancel FIOS.  Wonder how much lead time I'll need to get hooked up some other way?  

0 Likes
SEC Network
aggiemomja
Enthusiast - Level 1

As a long time Verizon customer(20+) I would like to request the SEC channel for the DFW area.  I am getting lots of mail from ATT offering their packages which include the SEC channel.  Please consider the addition of this channel and do it soon.  A recent mailing to Aggie families included over 10,000 letters.  We want to see SEC games this year.

lolhoss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also hoping for SEC Network to be announced on FiOS prior to launch.

0 Likes