Re: SEC Network/sports networks
jmurphy22
Enthusiast - Level 3
In my area, it's only going to cost me .25 cents to get the SEC network because I don't live in the SEC footprint. With the increased rats starting in October for both package and the regional sports fee, they better include the SEC network. It also BETTER not be part of the sports pass. I'm not paying an extra $10 bucks for one channel. I don't know anybody who watched the LHN, the outdoor channe, the fshing channel, Golf tv, etc. I'll switch providers before I do that.
uaphan
Contributor - Level 2

I wish I had a better option to switch to, unfortunately my only other option is Optimum and they do not offer the SEC Network either. I know Verizon has customers in the SEC footprint (Florida and Texas) so I am hoping they get this deal done in the next two weeks. 

AT&T U-VERSE, Cox, Comcast, Brighthouse, Charter and Time Warner are already on board...what is taking Verizon so long?????

0 Likes
jas514
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nobody really cares much about the Wake Forest/VPI game either.

0 Likes
uaphan
Contributor - Level 2

Unbelieveable that Fios hasn't announced anything when even smaller co-op carriers have announced they are going to offer the SEC Network. And once DirecTV announces next week Fios will be the ONLY national carrier to not offer the SEC Network-ridiculous!!!!

0 Likes
BryanShoemaker
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm calling Dish Network tomorrow.  It's August 4th - can't wait any longer.  I can't believe Verizon's been so incredibly silent.

If they would just say they're negotiating it, I'd wait, because I like the service, but I like Aggie football better.

Adios Verizon.  This is your last week at our house.

aggienpg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dish network is now actively responding to twitter requests to Verizon Fios asking about the SEC network offering customers the chance to switch.  Ironic that Fios continually ignores those posts and Dish is ready and willing to respond.

There is just no excuse for why it is taking this long when Dish, Comcast, UVerse, TWC, Charter, Cox and a whole host of smaller carriers are done negotiating and are ready to launch.  The price has got to be pretty close to set in stone after all those other agreements, the fact that Fios is taking this long just indicates that they either do a poor job prioritizing what to be focusing on or that they are just unwilling or unable to truly negotiate with ESPN.  Either way, when everyone else can get it done and you can't at least you offer up tons of ways for all of us to switch.  

You are about to lose a heck of a lot of customers and your silence isn't helping at all.  At least Dish is out there willing to fill the gap Verizon leaves in it's unwillingness to talk.

HokieDave
Contributor - Level 2

Bingo.  The only reason not to say anything is if the truth is going to cost you more customers than silence.  I'm switching today ... sorry FIOS, you have only yourself to blame.

@aggienpg wrote:

Dish network is now actively responding to twitter requests to Verizon Fios asking about the SEC network offering customers the chance to switch.  Ironic that Fios continually ignores those posts and Dish is ready and willing to respond.

There is just no excuse for why it is taking this long when Dish, Comcast, UVerse, TWC, Charter, Cox and a whole host of smaller carriers are done negotiating and are ready to launch.  The price has got to be pretty close to set in stone after all those other agreements, the fact that Fios is taking this long just indicates that they either do a poor job prioritizing what to be focusing on or that they are just unwilling or unable to truly negotiate with ESPN.  Either way, when everyone else can get it done and you can't at least you offer up tons of ways for all of us to switch.  

You are about to lose a heck of a lot of customers and your silence isn't helping at all.  At least Dish is out there willing to fill the gap Verizon leaves in it's unwillingness to talk.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Other sources think SEC is likely to be added but not day one.  They were definitely  in negotiations. 

And regrettably it has always been VERIZON policy to keep quiet about channel adds at least until they have finished negotiations and set a date for the add.  Often they don't mention it until after its been added, and sometimes they never mention it at all even when its been added.

0 Likes
disneynut021
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not just dish, I posted on Twitter and Directv responded to me.  I have had satelite before I could get cable, I may go back to Comcast...

0 Likes
HokieDave
Contributor - Level 2

That's a them problem.  I want to have the channel in place before the season starts and if Verizon can't tell me they're going to do that, I'll go with someone who can.

@tns_2 wrote:
And regrettably it has always been VERIZON policy to keep quiet about channel adds at least until they have finished negotiations and set a date for the add.
0 Likes